New account creation referal bonuses?

Old Jul 9, 06, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
New account creation referal bonuses?

I want to open two AA FF accounts for family, and was wondering if there's any referal bonus programs? For example, I opened up some UA accounts, and found that UA 1Ks can refer a new member, and they both get some extra mileage.

I want to open two new accounts. If anyone knows of a way to get extra milage in the process, including such as referals, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

Steve B.
Old Jul 9, 06, 8:37 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I certainly don't know of any. I just registered my two week old grandniece, because I think it would be absolutely shameful for her to get her social security card before her AAdvantage number.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 9, 06 at 1:51 pm Reason: slay duh spill chicken
Old Jul 9, 06, 9:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

AA has never done that. The closest it came was being able to "gift" AA Gold status.
Old Jul 9, 06, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by Plato90s
AA has never done that. The closest it came was being able to "gift" AA Gold status.
I'm suprised there isn't anything... say, 5000 miles for a new account, or some other amount if referred by an Elite. It's no big deal, but figure every extra mile counts...

Thanks!

Steve B.
Old Jul 9, 06, 2:10 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Originally Posted by sbagdon
I'm suprised there isn't anything... say, 5000 miles for a new account, or some other amount if referred by an Elite. It's no big deal, but figure every extra mile counts...

Thanks!

Steve B.
Why should there be? I don't see that AA has much to gain by doing this- and that's the real reson that companies do this. If someone needs an incentive to join a program that will give them something for nothing, then they will likely not use it much anyway. If they're not going to use it much, i.e. not fly much, it has little benefit to AA.

Cheers.
Old Jul 9, 06, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
5000 miles for a new account, oh sure, that is a great idea. They have 8 billion members so I doubt they are clamoring for more to the point they'd bribe you to enroll them.
Old Jul 9, 06, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
5000 miles for a new account, oh sure, that is a great idea.
That's what UA gave me years ago when I started flying with them. It credited after the first "paid" flight. I could see AA dangling something out there for flyers loyal to other carriers, as an incentive to put some miles on AA. Figure you'll have to do a couple flights to get it up to 25,000 miles and redeem an award (without status) to make it profitable for them. That means at least 20,000 actual flight miles (unless you're aware of a challenge to do it for less).

I get 5,000 free miles each time I do a transcon and back. For someone without status, that same 5,000 miles might encourage them to move travel to AA.
Old Jul 10, 06, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
5000 miles for a new account, oh sure, that is a great idea. They have 8 billion members so I doubt they are clamoring for more to the point they'd bribe you to enroll them.
What other planet are they getting members from?
Old Jul 10, 06, 2:11 pm
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by mvoight
What other planet are they getting members from?
nah that just factors in all the duplicate/triplicate/etc accounts people create to get the extra bonuses

Search this Thread
Search Engine: