Upgrade to Business with eVIP then cash for First

Old Jun 18, 06, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by rbAA
Tom, I can't imagine that. No OP UP's? No special treatment?
I did have a "free" international op-up to F once, but I've never been offered the option to "pay" for the double upgrade into F. I'd like to hear more about this program, too. I have read about the award ticket paid upgrades, but this program on paid double upgrades on a coach ticket with VIP's is a new one to me.
Old Jun 18, 06, 5:22 pm

Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Usually, there is a sheet at the checkin counter. If you don't see one, ask. There are usually deals if they are not full, though most often I see this in NRT.
Old Jun 18, 06, 5:28 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
This whole thread is most interesting.

There was a disucssion of upgrades to a premium cabin a while back that said AA would NOT upgrade a pax even if a seat flew empty .. IF there was not a meal loaded for every passenger in the cabin.

So that said, this 'common practice' at NRT must indicate that for some reason AA is filling J and P galley with a meal for every seat. Guess catering in NRT must be more responsive (hello .. catering . I need 3 more P meals on AAnnn) than in the US. OR perhaps AA just gives up and caters the cabins full.

Would be interesting .. typically empty seat means no meal loaded so they cannot upgrade someone.
Old Jun 18, 06, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by JGR01
This whole thread is most interesting.

There was a disucssion of upgrades to a premium cabin a while back that said AA would NOT upgrade a pax even if a seat flew empty .. IF there was not a meal loaded for every passenger in the cabin.

So that said, this 'common practice' at NRT must indicate that for some reason AA is filling J and P galley with a meal for every seat. Guess catering in NRT must be more responsive (hello .. catering . I need 3 more P meals on AAnnn) than in the US. OR perhaps AA just gives up and caters the cabins full.

Would be interesting .. typically empty seat means no meal loaded so they cannot upgrade someone.

Remember premium fare pax are more likely to cancel or change flights at the last minute, given the flexibility of those tickets - so likely to have extra meals...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: