Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing a baby's diaper in F seat - SXM - MIA 6/10

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2006, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by benzlotkin
As for the not child friendly flights - I second the idea. Maybe if a given transcon route has four flights per day, one could be designated as 'adults only'?

BZ
Isn't that what H@@TERS Air was for?
Old Nov 21, 2006, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by brp
...Well then, this isn't about you....
But if you want to ban ALL kids and I have kids that I want to travel with, the it IS about me, isn't it? I just want to take all of these jerks that want to keep ALL kids, ALL babies out of First or put them in the back of the plane with the others who for whatever reason aren't good enough for First (or they would BE in First, wouldn't they?)... round them ALL up and put them all on the same WN plane with all of the kids with IRRESPONSIBLE parents AND the parents AND the drunks and send them off to BUF or CLE or someplace.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by tenmoc
Still waiting for the "Your children are not welcome here" airline.

I'd pay a premium for the honor of NOT meeting your child.

If anyone were ever to change a child where I could see it you best believe every FA in the cabin is going to come running in seconds. You made a CHOICE to have that child. Now deal with the complications of it. Its entirely your problem. No one else forced you to do it. Go to the lav, small or not, or get off the plane.
Your mom made a choice to have you - and now we have to live with it on FT.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 2:44 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Originally Posted by Blumie
I wouldn't: adults are far more likely to annoy me than kids.
Its your right. We all choose our airlines for different reasons.

I would personally love one with no booze and no children.

I have witnessed well behaved children who put a lot of adults to shame. I can count them on one hand.

Sadly I can also count on the other hand the number of parent of misbehaving children who actually cared what their children were doing and were at least trying to cope.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 2:45 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Originally Posted by erik123
Your mom made a choice to have you - and now we have to live with it on FT.
True enough. But at least she did not subject people to me when I was so young in a cooped up tube.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA-plt
A few posters here that say they would gladly pay 10-15 PERCENT more to fly on a plane with no kids....I wonder if these are the same people that have a hard time paying 10-15 DOLLARS more to talk to an agent to have changes done to their bookings etc......
Old Nov 21, 2006, 2:47 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by loudgonzo
A few posters here that say they would gladly pay 10-15 PERCENT more to fly on a plane with no kids....I wonder if these are the same people that have a hard time paying 10-15 DOLLARS more to talk to an agent to have changes done to their bookings etc......
Not the same thing. One would get something for the 10-15 percent. The 10-15 dollars yields nothing that should be charged for, IMO.

Cheers.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA-plt
Originally Posted by brp
Not the same thing. One would get something for the 10-15 percent. The 10-15 dollars yields nothing that should be charged for, IMO.

Cheers.
Not trying to compare the two, simply the fact that the 10-15% would be considerably more than 15 dollars, and how easily one would be willing to pay this bigger amount.
Me, i'm a budget and would not be willing to pay the 10-15% for a flight with no kids.
Also, would someone here pay an extra 10-15% for a flight if you knew the FA's were the cream of the crop, top notch super friendlies that some have written about?

Last edited by loudgonzo; Nov 21, 2006 at 2:58 pm
Old Nov 21, 2006, 2:58 pm

True enough. But at least she did not subject people to me when I was so young in a cooped up tube.
Maybe you were born a frequent flyer and she could've?
Old Nov 21, 2006, 3:04 pm

Sadly I didnt find out for many years.

I do not often call and pay the Agent booking fees. Its not that I have a lot of money. Its that I would make the choice to pay more to fly if I could have what for me is a proper environment.

As for the FAs comment just above, this was part of the idea when PS came out for UA. And just look at the UA converts coming AA way (me included)
Old Nov 21, 2006, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Its that I would make the choice to pay more to fly if I could have what for me is a proper environment.
A "proper" environment? We're talking about a friggin' airplane here, right?
Old Nov 21, 2006, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Blumie
A "proper" environment? We're talking about a friggin' airplane here, right?
Last I checked. It seems a lot like public transportation to me.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 3:45 pm

Programs: American, United
Originally Posted by benzlotkin
Im sure it would be rather easy for the airlines to come up with an average number of young children that fly in each cabin on any given flight. It would then follow that they could designate that the last row or two of the cabin be reserved for those passengers. If no babies are on board, then anyone could site there. This would in no way make changing a diaper in the seat OK, but it would help to isolate the screaming, kicking, and equally loud correcting that often accompanies our youngest flying companions.

As for the not child friendly flights - I second the idea. Maybe if a given transcon route has four flights per day, one could be designated as 'adults only'?

BZ
While I would certainly prefer to travel without the screaming of children, I would also prefer to travel without "the loud American", the "entitled debutant", and the "know-it-all businessman". Can we possibly segregate flights into separate areas for every group of people that can possibly be undesirable to another group? I think not.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by srallen
While I would certainly prefer to travel without the screaming of children, I would also prefer to travel without "the loud American", the "entitled debutant", and the "know-it-all businessman". Can we possibly segregate flights into separate areas for every group of people that can possibly be undesirable to another group? I think not.
The problem with that strategy is that I'll end up flying alone.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
probably one of the best posts I've read in ages.

SXM, babies, boobs, bjs, and the all too common AA 757 that goes into SXM.

(to the best of my knowledge, that is hte only AA metal that goes there.)

my time to weigh in:
the stench of the diapers is enough to say it should be done in the lav. Otherwise, the breat feeding issue, please, just look away, no need to be such prudes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.