Changing a baby's diaper in F seat - SXM - MIA 6/10

Old Jun 16, 2006, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Anyone notice the advertisements at the bottom of each page of this thread?

'all the diaper cloth'
'baby changing table pad'
'adult diapers'

Classic!
I have noticed on other threads that the advertisement matches the topic. I assumed that happened by design.
Old Jun 16, 2006, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
With diaper changing, gum on seats, mothers milking their babies and all sorts of unspeakables and only in First Class I am tempted to make my next trip in coach. Seriously, I mean nothing untoward ever happens back there...
Old Jun 16, 2006, 10:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fraser
With diaper changing, gum on seats, mothers milking their babies and all sorts of unspeakables and only in First Class I am tempted to make my next trip in coach. Seriously, I mean nothing untoward ever happens back there...
No. These inconsiderate things happen back there too.
Old Jun 16, 2006, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT
Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
No. These inconsiderate things happen back there too.
I saw a guy getting a bj across the aisle in Y class 2 years ago. But that was Delta.
Old Jun 16, 2006, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM
Originally Posted by spurg
I saw a guy getting a bj across the aisle in Y class 2 years ago. But that was Delta.
Now that's gross. Delta in Y?!!??
Was it long(haul)?
Old Jun 17, 2006, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Well, Delta sucks.

Seriously.. How long did you watch?
Old Jun 17, 2006, 1:28 am

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Gotta love the statements of entitlement from some who chose to procreate, as if that's an excuse to be inconsiderate.
Exactly my sentiments. We waited until we were 35 and 33 yrs old to have one child. We don't send him to public schools because a huge percentage of the students come from wealthy families that have no interest in raising people. So we pay for public schools for rotten kids from families with our income to waste time away, and then we pay for a private school to raise a responsible person.

The whole "it takes a village to raise a child" chant from fat HillBillery Clinton makes us puke. It's a different world from a hundred years ago. Today it should be that you pay for everything to raise that kid and if you can't, then society nails your butt and you work overtime to help pay your fair share. Otherwise, keep a plug in it.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 1:32 am

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
I'm pretty sure that I saw a video of it on AA a year or so back. It was titled "The gal who felt ya on Delta" I didn't spring for the $4 earphones, I could hear the overdubbed Italian effects from every one of the PAX earphones all around me......
Old Jun 17, 2006, 8:24 am

faahhhgetaboutit

Last edited by DataPlumber; Jun 17, 2006 at 8:36 am Reason: This is not the forum for it
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:00 am

Programs: American, United
The class of service is irrelevant. Those of you who think that babies should not be in F show a bit too much superiority for me. Babies and people who behave poorly should not be in ANY class of service. No one likes a screaming baby, but it doesn't matter if it's in first or coach -- sometimes babies cry. And sometimes people get way too drunk on airlines, particularly with the free-flowing scotch in F.

Regarding changing babies -- I feel that it is the airline's responsibility to provide an appropriate place for this. If the restrooms allow for this, great. If the restrooms are too small, make one BIGGER for this purpose. Changing a diaper in the passenger seating area is not appropriate -- the airline needs to deal with this and make an appropriate place for this. (No, the drink trolly is NOT an appropriate place.)

Breast feeding? Breast feeding is fair game anywhere. GET OVER IT and if it makes you uptight, look the other way.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:17 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by srallen
Breast feeding? Breast feeding is fair game anywhere. GET OVER IT and if it makes you uptight, look the other way.
Hear Hear ! It's reasonable to expect nursing mothers to be somewhat discrete, but I cannot fathom why anybody could possibly find nursing a in public baby in any way offensive. Demaning mothers nurse in the bathroom or cover their baby/breast with a blanket is completely unreasonable.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Have you noticed that, rather than just looking away, most people who are offended by breast feeding gawk and then complain?
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:08 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
The class of service is irrelevant. Those of you who think that babies should not be in F show a bit too much superiority for me. Babies and people who behave poorly should not be in ANY class of service. No one likes a screaming baby, but it doesn't matter if it's in first or coach -- sometimes babies cry. And sometimes people get way too drunk on airlines, particularly with the free-flowing scotch in F.

Regarding changing babies -- I feel that it is the airline's responsibility to provide an appropriate place for this. If the restrooms allow for this, great. If the restrooms are too small, make one BIGGER for this purpose. Changing a diaper in the passenger seating area is not appropriate -- the airline needs to deal with this and make an appropriate place for this. (No, the drink trolly is NOT an appropriate place.)

Oh, lord. Here we go again

Cheers.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
Originally Posted by KevAZ
Exactly my sentiments. We waited until we were 35 and 33 yrs old to have one child. We don't send him to public schools because a huge percentage of the students come from wealthy families that have no interest in raising people. So we pay for public schools for rotten kids from families with our income to waste time away, and then we pay for a private school to raise a responsible person.

The whole "it takes a village to raise a child" chant from fat HillBillery Clinton makes us puke. It's a different world from a hundred years ago. Today it should be that you pay for everything to raise that kid and if you can't, then society nails your butt and you work overtime to help pay your fair share. Otherwise, keep a plug in it.
What exactly is your point because your post barely made sense. You don't pay for public school, yet you pay for public school, and then pay for private school.

Apparently, you wasted your time in the 'public school' of which you speak or you would not resort to immature insults because you do not share someone's opinion.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 12:31 am

I hate the smell of diapers let alone a cry b in FC. It''s like the cellphone yackers. If I caught a mother changing her junior next to me I would say to heryour baby smells now get a life and use the lav. If she doesn't move I would tell the flight attendant. And if she still refuses I would tell her to move her smelly baby away.

If I had a baby I would never never never never never never change him/her in a seat. Why is their a lav?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.