Wiki Posts
Search

Help Me! I don't understand how X7 = no UG

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2006, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*,
Help Me! I don't understand how X7 = no UG

I just called AA about our (wife EXP and myself PLT) flight, 1632 DFW-FLL 16 June. EF shows X7. So I called and she pulled up the PNR and told me there was a note in the record for all calls to be sent to meeting services but that's for another thread. Anyway I explained that my wife was EXP and she was inside her UG window and that it appeared to me that there was inventory. The agent responded with "but you don't know how many other people are wainting for UG's." If they're EXP shouldn't they have cleared by now? It's been about 15 hours since the EXP window would have opened. She ended up telling me there was inventory, we were listed and as soon as the upgrades became available we'd be upgraded. I hung up, called the wife and asked her to call the EXP desk.

Please help me understand.

ltgfrk
Old Jun 12, 2006, 8:25 pm

I could speculate, but what did they say when your wife called the exp desk?
Originally Posted by Ltgfrk
I just called AA about our (wife EXP and myself PLT) flight, 1632 DFW-FLL 16 June. EF shows X7. So I called and she pulled up the PNR and told me there was a note in the record for all calls to be sent to meeting services but that's for another thread. Anyway I explained that my wife was EXP and she was inside her UG window and that it appeared to me that there was inventory. The agent responded with "but you don't know how many other people are wainting for UG's." If they're EXP shouldn't they have cleared by now? It's been about 15 hours since the EXP window would have opened. She ended up telling me there was inventory, we were listed and as soon as the upgrades became available we'd be upgraded. I hung up, called the wife and asked her to call the EXP desk.

Please help me understand.

ltgfrk
Old Jun 12, 2006, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
There can be a delay between when the X inventory becomes available and when it is allocated. If you wife calls the automated upgrade system and resubmits her request, she should get the upgrade right away (assuming the inventory is still there).
Old Jun 12, 2006, 8:29 pm

I can't help you understand but can tell you it has happend to me more than once. I have seen X inventory on Expertflyer but have not cleared despite being within my 100 hour window. I have even checked this by waiting until less then 48 hours before the flight, still no upgrade. I then called the EP desk and asked about the UG and after I being told it had not cleared I explained that I had noticed X class was available on EF. The EP desk person checked again and said I was right and did not know why it had not already cleared (The x inventory had been available for a couple of days). She processed my UG and then said she was going to forward this situation to someone. Not sure if that was done but it does appear to shine a light on a glitch somewhere.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

deleted

Last edited by Ltgfrk; Jun 12, 2006 at 8:40 pm
Old Jun 12, 2006, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

They told my wife it was available but not released. Then about 10-15 minutes after she got off the phone we got the UG.

This same thing happened to me several months ago only then I waited for almost a day with EF showing X4 and no UG. Called in that time and the agent had no idea why we hadn't been upgraded.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold
I would call the upgrade line,

if that doesn't work then call the EXP desk and ask them when they will be released.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Mateo4321
I would call the upgrade line,

if that doesn't work then call the EXP desk and ask them when they will be released.
Agreed. I have never head that excuse before. Have her try the automated upgrade line.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Ltgfrk
So I called and she pulled up the PNR and told me there was a note in the record for all calls to be sent to meeting services but that's for another thread.
I know that this is ancillary to the main question, but if you have a Business ExtrAA number in the PNR, the calls go through Meeting Services.

Mike
Old Jun 12, 2006, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
On my last two flights expert flyer has shown availability but my upgrades have only actually cleared within 3 hours of flight time!

On one of them I called and they said (the day before) "don't worry, you'll get it".

Sounds to me like they are holding seats for sale til the last minute, upgrade window be damned.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
I have had this happen before too. EF is not always accurate on displaying inventory.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by pjoalfa
On my last two flights expert flyer has shown availability but my upgrades have only actually cleared within 3 hours of flight time!

On one of them I called and they said (the day before) "don't worry, you'll get it".

Sounds to me like they are holding seats for sale til the last minute, upgrade window be damned.
Was EF actually showing X availability? Or merely available seats in F?

Originally Posted by olimaspecto
I have had this happen before too. EF is not always accurate on displaying inventory.
FWIW, I have never found EF to be inaccurate on X inventory.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by vasantn
Was EF actually showing X availability? Or merely available seats in F?
In my case it's R inventory (from SDQ), but yes it showed inventory right down to the wire.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
In that case, all you had to do was to call and goose the automated system.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 10:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
I have had this happen a couple of times. I called EXP and was told once that IT was working on several program changes to the upgrade system. One of the changes I was told was to fix the "4 hour/15 minute" problem. I was also told by the same EXP that they were working on hiding upgrade and award class inventory from some systems. Not sure she really knew what she was talking about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.