Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NBA Finals: Brought to you by AA

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2011, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A CNBC article says that AA could get free advertising worth perhaps between $42 million and $96 million, depending on how many games are played (sweep would result in lower end, seven games the higher end of the range):

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43184619?__so...ext|&par=yahoo
Old May 31, 2011, 7:07 pm

Programs: exp 4.3mm miles
Originally Posted by Abidjan
I still have nightmares about the '06 series. not worrying about it right now, simply reveling in the moment.
Dallas will have to play near perfect basketball to win this series. Miami is truly a great team. Good luck mavs!
Old May 31, 2011, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
Originally Posted by FWAAA
A CNBC article says that AA could get free advertising worth perhaps between $42 million and $96 million, depending on how many games are played (sweep would result in lower end, seven games the higher end of the range):

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43184619?__so...ext|&par=yahoo
It's not exactly free advertising. It's advertising they paid for when they bought the rights to the venue names and is now paying off.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 1:27 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by KD5MDK
It's not exactly free advertising. It's advertising they paid for when they bought the rights to the venue names and is now paying off.
Yeah, they did pay $42M in 1999 for 20 years of American Airlines Arena and a whopping $195M in 2001 for 30 years of American Airlines Center.

Two American Airlines NBA Finals in 5 years though...they seem to be getting their money's worth.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 7:31 am

Programs: AA EXP (1M+), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by travelismylife
I hope they give out all those giveaways again.
Looks like a garbage game of shooting via facebook is the best AA could muster. I have no idea how you register for the discount codes..... I shoot, I score, I don't see where to register.

Link

American Airlines has home-court advantage throughout the series! We've called both Dallas and Miami home for decades, but we want to know who has the best fans. Play our basketball shootout game, and register for the chance to win one of 10,000 AA.com discount codes good for travel to/from Dallas or Miami.*
Old Jun 2, 2011, 7:37 am

Summary T&C (visit link for full T&C) - I guess it's better than a poke in the eye.

If you don't want to play via facebook, click here.

AMERICAN AIRLINES SWEEPSTAKE RULES

1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE.

2. TO ENTER. Between 9:01 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) time on May 31, 2011 and 11:59 p.m. ET time on June 14, 2011 or the date of the last game played, which ever occurs first(“Promotional Period”), complete an official entry form online in the manner listed below. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET time on June 14, 2011 or the date of the last game played, which ever occurs first. Complete an official entry form online at www.facebook.com/aa . Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of American Airlines, Inc. (“American Airlines” or “Sponsor”) and will not be acknowledged nor will they be returned. Limit one entry per person.

3. PRIZE DETAILS - *First Prize is one hundred (100) American Airlines discount codes for fifty percent (50%) off on a published round-trip or one-way fare with a minimum base of two hundred dollars ($200.00) when used according to these terms. Travel is valid to or from Dallas Fort Worth, Texas (DFW) or Miami, Florida (MIA) from or to anywhere in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States of America, served by American, American Eagle, Executive or the American Connection® when purchased on AA.com no later than 48 hours after being notified of being a Winner, for travel Sept 6, 2011 through Nov. 14, 2011. The promotion code requires instant purchase and may not be applied to previous reservations or reservations placed on hold. The discount will not be applied to any government or airport imposed taxes, fees or charges. The promotion code can be used for up to two persons in a single reservation traveling on the identical itinerary. This offer cannot be combined with other promotions or discounts. Round-trip travel is defined as travel from your city to the destination, and from the same destination back to the city where you originated travel with no deviations. For full terms and conditions about AA.com promotion codes visit aa.com/promotioncode .

SECOND PLACE PRIZE is nine thousand and nine hundred (9,900) discount codes for fifteen percent (15%) of on a published round-trip or one-way fare with a minimum base fare of $200 when used according to these terms. Travel is valid to or from DFW or MIA from or to anywhere in the contiguous forty eight (48) United States served by American, American Eagle, Executive Airlines or the American Connection® when purchased on AA.com no later than 48 hours after being notified of being a Winner for travel Sept 6, 2011 through Nov. 14, 2011.

4. DRAWING AND AWARDING OF PRIZES. On or about June 16, 2011, or approximately forty-eight (48) hours after the final game, a random drawing will be conducted from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor whose independent judging organization (“Administrator”) will select the Winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor. The Administrator’s and Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The potential Winners will be notified by phone and/or certified mail. The potential Winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (which affirms that he/she has complied with these rules) as well as a liability release, and where legal, a publicity release, each of which, if issued, must be completed, signed and returned within fourteen (14) days from date of issuance, or the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner. If any Prize, Prize notification or attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a Prize constitutes Winner’s consent to use of his/her name and/or photograph without further compensation for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes by Sponsors. By accepting Prize, Winners’ acknowledge compliance with these official rules. If a potential Winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the foregoing documents must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such Prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of minor’s parent/legal guardian.

6. ELIGIBILITY. Offer valid only for recipients of the email with the Sweepstakes rules attached. Sweepstakes open to individuals legally residing in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States, the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and agents of Sponsor, Administrator and each of their parents and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to enter or win Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by edbyu
Looks like a garbage game of shooting via facebook is the best AA could muster. I have no idea how you register for the discount codes..... I shoot, I score, I don't see where to register.

Link
After making a few baskets a registration form popped up for me.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:19 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by BrewerSEA
After making a few baskets a registration form popped up for me.
+1
Old Jun 3, 2011, 12:31 am

Programs: AA - EXP, UA - resigned in protest, Marriott - Platinum, Pepsi - Platinum, TSA One-Finger Saluter
I can't believe nobody either at AA or on this board could come up with the obvious...

"Welcome to the NBA FinAAls!
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:50 am

Oh great, I won 15% off flights to/from MIA or DFW, code only valid for the next 48 hours for travel 9/6-11/14

Thanks for playing the All American Airlines Shootout Game on Facebook. You are the lucky winner of a 15% promotion code that you can use to purchase your next flight booked on AA.com. Code is valid for one roundtrip flight for you and a companion from Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) or Miami (MIA) to anywhere we serve in the continental United States OR from anywhere in the continental United States to Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW) or Miami (MIA).You must make your purchase in the next 48 hours for travel Sept 6, 2011 through Nov. 14, 2011, Visit AA.com now and use the promotion code shown below
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by BrewerSEA
Oh great, I won 15% off flights to/from MIA or DFW, code only valid for the next 48 hours for travel 9/6-11/14
Me too. The 48 hour booking window is lame.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: AA EXP .72MM
I won 15% too

Originally Posted by edbyu
Me too. The 48 hour booking window is lame.
Dear Lawrence Fava,

Thanks for playing the All American Airlines Shootout Game on Facebook. You are the lucky winner of a 15% promotion code that you can use to purchase your next flight booked on AA.com. Code is valid for one roundtrip flight for you and a companion from Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) or Miami (MIA) to anywhere we serve in the continental United States OR from anywhere in the continental United States to Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW) or Miami (MIA).You must make your purchase in the next 48 hours for travel Sept 6, 2011 through Nov. 14, 2011, Visit AA.com now and use the promotion code shown below
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:22 am

Me too...I bet everyone "won" this one, and fares are probably 30% higher for the next two days.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold
I also won. I do not think I will be using it. I'll decide later and give it away if I dont.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by lobo411
Me too...I bet everyone "won" this one, and fares are probably 30% higher for the next two days.
I haven't won, at least not yet.

Edit to add: Got it now. 15%.

Last edited by swag; Jun 15, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.