Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USAToday = 1,500 miles

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2006, 10:47 am

Programs: AA PLT & 2MM- Thank You, FT !!
Son of a Gun!!

PRO TEXANA Thanks for the link; for the first time checked my account and sure 'nuff there I was on EZ Pay -- without any prior knowledge, request or acceptance!!

Will be placing that all important #$%^*&# call soon
Old Jun 17, 2006, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by MRKEY
Same problem here as well. I was switched to EZ-Pay without my permission. I will call and cancel. What kind of business are they running? Very poor IMHO.
The main part that bothers me isn't that they later changed the terms.
The problem is they then applied the newer terms to people that signed up earlier. That might be an understandable mistake except they keep telling me that the later terms were the ones I agreed to, like I am the confuser person. I saw the option when I signed up to opt out of EZPAY and I checked it. I am clearly not the only one, yet they keep responding to me as if it was only something I am complaining about.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 7:13 pm

USA Today got cheeky with some of my gift subscriptions ordered pre condition change by switching them to EZ Pay!! Are we surprised? No.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 7:29 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, OW Sapphire, QF Bronze, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold; National Emerald
I found they charged my credit card last week, so I called USA Today to reverse their sneaking me onto EZ-Pay, and to cancel the subscription when the initial month ran out. Was still getting the paper beginning this week, so called back, and apparantly they only took me off EZ-Pay (and allegedly put refund into system) but did not cancel the subscription (so I guess they were going to bill me via snail mail). Had them cancel it again effective end of last week (when the month ran out), and they confirmed refund was in the system (which means they hold onto the money for a month before giving it back). Still getting the paper as of today. Just called back, they confirmed it's been cancelled and apparantly the message hasn't reached the carrier yet, and that I'll get the refund posted next week (for $2 more than what was charged? I pointed that out today, as I'm too nice for my own good, and she said she didn't know why but why question it, so I thanked her and said "have a nice weekend"). We shall see how things develop next week.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:42 am

Paper is being delivered daily with LA Times........

When do I get my 1500 AA miles???
Old Jun 23, 2006, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
Even though according to their website, I was not enrolled in ezpay, they did try to charge my card . I got a letter from them telling me the payment would not process (card was canceled because I lost it ). Pretty shabby way to do business. They will be getting a phone call.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
same thing happened to me with EZpay added when i'd specifically checked the "no" box online. nonetheless, I did get the charge refunded (and it's more than the second month cost so I'm not that displeased!)

I think they're learning how to do business from AOL...
Old Jun 23, 2006, 6:13 pm

Wooow. Today while reviewing credit card postings I found that USA Today had botched the last of my gift subscriptions arranged before the change in terms. Shame on USA Today for not honoring the terms they offered, and worse, shame on USA Today for telling me and others that they had agreed to EZ Pay conditions when we had not. Absolutely disgusting business practice on the part of USA Today. Think I would ever give them more business? Not. In fact, I'd support a class action in this case. How pathetic they are to not own up to their responsibility and offer!!
Old Jun 28, 2006, 6:47 pm

Another day, and yes, another post on this topic, because USA Today just doesn't know when to stand down. Today I received in the mail, letters from USA Today, for each of the gift subscriptions that I purchased prior to the change in terms. The letters thank me for enrolling in the EZ-Pay program (and I did not subscribe to the EZ-Pay program) and the letter contains language that describes the terms of the new Points Partnership Program. This program title was not included on the web site prior to the change in terms.

I suppose they are trying to cover their arses, but any decent class action lawfirm could dust them on this one.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA LTGLD, DL PLT, SPG Gold, HH Gold
4 weeks since start of delivery and no miles yet .
Old Jun 28, 2006, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
No miles, no bill, but at least the paper is showing up.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 10:02 pm

Paper arrives daily, bill was charged & paid last month....... NO MILES
Old Jun 28, 2006, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA LTGLD, DL PLT, SPG Gold, HH Gold
for those of you who don't read the paper (like me) and dislike the waste of paper (or the walk to the recycling bin), you can donate the paper to some school etc. via the customer service site while you are "on vacation".
Old Jun 28, 2006, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by dukieee
for those of you who don't read the paper (like me) and dislike the waste of paper (or the walk to the recycling bin), you can donate the paper to some school etc. via the customer service site while you are "on vacation".
You could also do this from the beginning by buying a gift subscription.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 8:00 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Gold VIP
Originally Posted by shoodawg
Another day, and yes, another post on this topic, because USA Today just doesn't know when to stand down. Today I received in the mail, letters from USA Today, for each of the gift subscriptions that I purchased prior to the change in terms. The letters thank me for enrolling in the EZ-Pay program (and I did not subscribe to the EZ-Pay program) and the letter contains language that describes the terms of the new Points Partnership Program. This program title was not included on the web site prior to the change in terms.

I suppose they are trying to cover their arses, but any decent class action lawfirm could dust them on this one.

I got the same letter and I had opted out of EZ PAY.

In addition, the bottom of the letter says that I will get my 1,000 bonus points after the 4th renewal. That was not part of the original agreement.

Has anybody had any luck in calling and getting the miles and cancelling at the same time per the original T&Cs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.