Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ORD delay 05/01 - "Go to Gate H8. No, gate K6. Wait, go back to Gate H8"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2006, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HHonors DIA, Fairmont GLD they make me feel special!

Lots of crazy delays at ORD yesterday. My ORD-LAX flight (#545) was about 3 hours late (should I ask for some bonus Advantage points?). My flight was delayed because of a pressurization issue. They took the plane out of service at gate H8, then moved us to K6 for another plane, then moved us back to H8. The pilot was very nice and apologetic for the entire event Too bad the first group of GA's weren't so nice to everyone. I overheard one GA saying "God these customers are making me angry today" - I thought that was professional. I use to work at McDonald’s and had bad customers – you just bit your lip and barred with it.
Old May 2, 2006, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage, Skywards, Flying Blue, Miles & More
Originally Posted by bmxbboy
Lots of crazy delays at ORD yesterday. My ORD-LAX flight (#545) was about 3 hours late (should I ask for some bonus Advantage points?). My flight was delayed because of a pressurization issue. They took the plane out of service at gate H8, then moved us to K6 for another plane, then moved us back to H8. The pilot was very nice and apologetic for the entire event Too bad the first group of GA's weren't so nice to everyone. I overheard one GA saying "God these customers are making me angry today" - I thought that was professional. I use to work at McDonald’s and had bad customers – you just bit your lip and barred with it.
Go back to McDonald's for a few years and then try to get a job at AA as a customer service consultant.

"I thought that was professional." Thank you for your comment.
Old May 2, 2006, 5:07 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fly72
Go back to McDonald's for a few years and then try to get a job at AA as a customer service consultant.

"I thought that was professional." Thank you for your comment.
So, you've completely missed the point of the OP, it seems. Saying within earshot of the customers that they are making you angry (because you are presumably having a bad day) is unprofessional. Do you actually disagree with that?

Cheers.
Old May 2, 2006, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
(should I ask for some bonus Advantage points?).
IMO... please don't.

But, do what you want. YMMV.
Old May 3, 2006, 8:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
In regards to the gate changes...can I make the inevitable Airplane reference?
Old May 3, 2006, 8:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Our OP was doing a dance that has become very popular these storm and delay-troubled days, the mAAmbo. I'll bet we all will learn the steps this summer.

Maybe the GA can liberate him/herself from further disturbances of the sort and more stress. Rx: "Quit! Go home, spot! You don't make our day, either, but we're paying for it."

I overheard one GA saying "God these customers are making me angry today"
Old May 4, 2006, 6:59 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
The walk from K8 to H6 is about 50 feet (they are on opposite sides of the K/H connector) so this is not quite like pushing a peanut up a hill with your nose. So they changed gates and back. Big deal. And if you don't like what the GA's say don't eavesdrop.
Old May 4, 2006, 7:03 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
The walk from K8 to H6 is about 50 feet (they are on opposite sides of the K/H connector) so this is not quite like pushing a peanut up a hill with your nose.
I was just about to say the same thing.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.