Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA changed the config on my KIX-DFW!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2006, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

AA changed the config on my KIX-DFW!

Ahhh...no more flagship on the 5/7 KIX-DFW. Went to check on my itineraries and I'm not in 1J anymore, I'm in 2A on a 2-2-2.

ANy chance they'll change it back?
Old Apr 23, 2006, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mesadler
ANy chance they'll change it back?
Yes, there is.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Yes, there is.
The extent of your knowledge and expertise never ceases to amaze me.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 7:26 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
They could probably change the configuration every day or two... and even up to the day of the flight....
Old Apr 23, 2006, 7:55 pm

side question here...do we know of any aircraft that has been switched to the suites from the Pacific configuration? Heck wasn't this change-out announced the first time over a year ago and then again with the 767 lie-flat beds.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm under the impression that they now plan to do that when they re-fit the J cabins with the new seats, which won't be until sometime in 2007. I could be wrong though, but it probably doesn't make sense otherwise.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 777lover
side question here...do we know of any aircraft that has been switched to the suites from the Pacific configuration? Heck wasn't this change-out announced the first time over a year ago and then again with the 767 lie-flat beds.
ijgordon is correct. The Flagship Suites will be installed when the new J seats are installed; at present, I'd expect that to be during the latter half of 2007 and throughout 2008. Perhaps most will be done by 2009.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 11:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Changing 777 configurations on a number of routes is, well, routine. Until such time as all the 777-223ERs are converted to all suites, give it a couple of years anyway, it wil continue to happen. It's happened to me, it will happen to me... and you.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
If your flight was showing Suites when you booked it and it later operates with the Coffins, send a complaint e-mail to Customer Relations.

It's worth the effort. Trust me.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PresRDC
If your flight was showing Suites when you booked it and it later operates with the Coffins, send a complaint e-mail to Customer Relations.

Interesting, since there was a LOT of strong opinion that one was hardly entitled to complain, let alone compensation (which you imply one might receive...) back when all flights were initially shown with the suites configuration and they played bait-and-switch a few hours before flight time. Why would AA view it any differently now? They really aren't making any stronger promises by showing a suites configuration in advance, and certainly the "average" traveler wouldn't know the difference between the current system and the prior system. So why is it OK to complain now, whereas before one would get their head bitten off on this forum?

I'm all for complaints when I think they are warranted (not sure where you PresRDC fell on this back then), and I believed then and now that they were warranted (I don't always believe compensation is warranted, but a complaint, yes). So I'm really just curious if there's been a change at AA on this topic.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Interesting, since there was a LOT of strong opinion that one was hardly entitled to complain, let alone compensation (which you imply one might receive...) back when all flights were initially shown with the suites configuration and they played bait-and-switch a few hours before flight time. Why would AA view it any differently now? They really aren't making any stronger promises by showing a suites configuration in advance, and certainly the "average" traveler wouldn't know the difference between the current system and the prior system. So why is it OK to complain now, whereas before one would get their head bitten off on this forum?

I'm all for complaints when I think they are warranted (not sure where you PresRDC fell on this back then), and I believed then and now that they were warranted (I don't always believe compensation is warranted, but a complaint, yes). So I'm really just curious if there's been a change at AA on this topic.
I think almost everyone here thought AA's policy of only showing Suites was ridiculous. Now that they are showing the configuration they expect to operate the flight, one can plan based on the information shown. I don't see any downside to complaining.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think almost everyone here thought AA's policy of only showing Suites was ridiculous. Now that they are showing the configuration they expect to operate the flight, one can plan based on the information shown. I don't see any downside to complaining.
There were certainly a lot of people that were pretty vehement that a complaint/compensation was NOT in order, particularly a few high-count posters...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=481010
Old Apr 24, 2006, 10:03 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Burn some incense to the airlines cabal's Warsaw Convention et seq., then read the AA Conditions of Carriage (and weep

"RESPONSIBILITY FOR SCHEDULES AND OPERATIONS

American will endeavor to carry you and your baggage with reasonable dispatch, but times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. American may, without notice, substitute alternate carriers or aircraft and, if necessary, may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket. Schedules are subject to change without notice. American is not responsible for or liable for failure to make connections, or to operate any flight according to schedule, or for a change to the schedule of any flight. Under no circumstances shall American be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages arising from the foregoing."

Never mind seat configuration -they can change the gauge (a little hard to Japan, but imagine a 737-823 to HNL, MDY... and yes, it can be done, I have flown on a 737-200 ETOPS to MDY. ) and still have no liability / responsability. MD-80 subbed in for a 777-223ER? No problem! Not for a long distance or transoceanic, of course...
Old Apr 24, 2006, 10:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ijgordon
There were certainly a lot of people that were pretty vehement that a complaint/compensation was NOT in order, particularly a few high-count posters...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=481010
That thread was before the changes referenced in this thread:
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487589
Note the key date 11/1/05 and a certain "high-count poster's" references to same and what that date represented.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 10:47 am
Suspended

"Trust but Verify." On what is this based? Do you believe a remedy is due?

Like other who have posted, I don't think this is worthy of a complaint. Aircraft configuration is not guaranteed, certainly not in advance.

Last edited by drtdk; Apr 24, 2006 at 4:44 pm Reason: Typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.