FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   I-Pod left in plane!! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/549967-i-pod-left-plane.html)

ipd054 Apr 20, 2006 9:07 am

I-Pod left in plane!!

Go ahead and start the dog-pile, I put my I-Pod and Noise Cancelling Headphones in the seatback pocket for one of my flights yesterday. I failed to grab them on my way off of the plane. :mad: :( :mad:

I know the likelihood of ever seeing them again is very small; however, who do I contact to see if someone found them and turned them in to AA?

LuckyTarget Apr 20, 2006 9:17 am

Originally Posted by ipd054
Go ahead and start the dog-pile, I put my I-Pod and Noise Cancelling Headphones in the seatback pocket for one of my flights yesterday. I failed to grab them on my way off of the plane. :mad: :( :mad:

I know the likelihood of ever seeing them again is very small; however, who do I contact to see if someone found them and turned them in to AA?

Chances of you getting it back are slim to none.

Call Plat desk, ask if they could tell you the planes schedule yesterday. Also ask for the lost and found phone numbers for each station the plane flew to. Last year I left a brand new pair of expensive headphones. I was still at the ORD FL when I realized, but the plane already left for LAX. The plane did not get thorough cleaning until it was parked at LAX overnight. Nobody turned it in at ORD (for obvious reasons) and I did call LAX lost and found but I never heard from them again.

Good luck!

RayinMaui Apr 20, 2006 9:17 am

Lost and Found

I've actually gotten something back (a set of headphones).

Good luck!

clacko Apr 20, 2006 9:18 am

call the plt line and ask to be xfered to whomever will handle it..good luck..

TxAA Flyer Apr 20, 2006 9:26 am

Originally Posted by ipd054

There is a Lost And Found near C1 in DFW (It appears that you flew into there) and if it was turned in all you have to do is describe it, when it was lost and what flight and it is yours.

Good luck.

^ :p

RachelG Apr 20, 2006 9:31 am

Over the years, at different times, my husband has left Bose noise-cancelling headseat, a digital camera, a cell phone, and a portable GPS in airplanes. The only thing he ever got back was the cell phone--it was noticed by another passenger and turned in at the gate. It didn't even have time to make it to lost and found as my husband realized it was gone soon after he got off the plane. Based on this, I would say your odds of getting it back are poor.

Gabatta Apr 20, 2006 9:32 am

Take comfort in the fact that someone from the cleaning crew is enjoying your iPod and headphones.

I similarly lost an iPod and Shure headphone in separate occurances after red eyes last year. I realized the iPod had been left right after I got in my taxi. I called the local AC and they sent someone to the plane...it was already gone.

Teacher49 Apr 20, 2006 9:58 am

Originally Posted by LuckyTarget
Chances of you getting it back are slim to none.

And Slim just left town. Sorry! :(

jeffreyt Apr 20, 2006 10:04 am

It also might be worth it for you to go to your local airport and give the baggage person there a $20 and then say "there's $20-30 more where that came from if you find my item in the lost and found records." Money has talked for me twice. I've been successful getting two different objects - a GPS and a watch - back. But I have also been unsuccessful before. Mainly because agents will misname something in the log.

One time I was flying JFK-LAX and before I even got over Kansas, I already knew where my watch was. I received it from JFK lost and found via Fedex two days later. But money definitely was the motivator here.

vmrfsps Apr 20, 2006 10:07 am

When living in New York one of my neighbors worked for American Airlines; it was amazing to see all the awesome gadgets he would bring home. He brought laptop after laptop, digital cameras, you get the picture. I never in my life would have asked him if he had gotten this off the planes, but everything that he showed me I noticed was registered to someone else, laptops for example.

While flying Iberia a couple of years ago my grandmother left a couple of pictures and they were never returned to her after weeks of searching for them.

Its sad, but I don't think you'll be seeing your I-Pod anymore, but good luck though.

bmxaggie Apr 20, 2006 10:20 am

lost items

I left a 'hoodie sweater' on the plane once in Chicago - realized 15 minutes later and went back and it was gone. I also left my wallet on the plane in L.A. once and went back about 10 minutes later, the cleaning crew turned it in. Does that make Angelinos more honest then Chicagoans? Ut Oh - now I started a debate.

faithng Apr 20, 2006 10:25 am

Last year my friend's 10 year old son left his gameboy thing and a ton of games in a carrying case on the plane. By the time I picked them up at curbside and they remembered and ran back there, the crew had already cleaned the plane and no one claimed to see the expensive bag of "toys". She called everyone and anyone (lost & found, customer service, etc) and to this day they still have not seen the item. They even have their name and address on the case, but no deal. Our guess is some lucky kid got a great present. The only thing is her
son is now obsessive-compulsive about his things. Good in one way, but bad when he has to double and triple check everytime he gets in a plane, go to the movies, etc...

brp Apr 20, 2006 10:30 am

Interestingly, and somewhat OT, but relevant, I left my iPo (so I do have sympathy) on a WN flight. Called later to the luggage folks at SJC. No problem...they had it and I got it back.

Left a laptop charger on an AA flight after that. Gone!

But they did have others in their "stockpile", so I was able to get something similar.

Good luck!

Cheers.

Deltahater Apr 20, 2006 10:30 am

I left a custom tailored leather jacket on a flight from ORD-DFW last week and by the time I got back to the gate the plane had already turned around to ORD.
I called ORD lost and found and got a recording that said "If we find your stuff and don't like it, you can have it back. Otherwise, we won't call and don't you bother calling us back either..."

Since fewer people can use my jacket than your ipod, I think you need to buy a new one.

I am already planning a trip to Bali to get a new jacket made... :D

ipd054 Apr 20, 2006 10:39 am

I have already made the trip to Best Buy to replace. Thanks for confiming what I aready knew. I will call DFW, and IAH as those were where I flew yesterday. I am positive it was on the DFW-IAH leg of the flight. I will keep you posted.