Upgrading to Japan in November?

Old Apr 11, 06, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Upgrading to Japan in November?

We'd like to fly NYC to Osaka in mid-November, upgrading to biz with eVips. Alas, every flight I've checked has been C0, although every other class I've checked has shown 7's (and AA's unreliable seat maps show no seats taken in biz or coach, other than blocked seats in the front and back of coach).

Is November a problem month for Japan? Are we better off JFK-NRT than DFW-KIX? Any better days of the week? Any other recommended strategy? There are two of us.

I realize AA is generally holding back eVip inventory and that there are a number of posts on the subject. If I've missed one that's directly relevant, please point me in the right direction. I'm PLT, btw.
Old Apr 11, 06, 10:29 am

Programs: AA Plat/4MM, AS Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Don't forget about flying through LAX-NRT and of course the SJC-NRT flight as well. Also, it seems as if J class is not just hard to get in upgrades but also in tickets. See here:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...business+japan
Old Apr 11, 06, 11:19 am

Programs: AA EXP-1MM, SPG Gld, HH Silver, Skymiles, Marriott Silver, Hyatt GP Plat , CO Peon, Hertz 5 Star
I've run into the same problems. I don't think they have released any upgrade seats as of yet because I check doing DFW-NRT or DFW-KIX and everything is C0 including on connecting flights to NRT through ORD, LAX, and SJC. Some of the seat maps on EF are showing J with no seats at all sold. This too is for Oct and Nov.
Old Apr 11, 06, 11:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP
Different dates, but here it is:

Booked ORD-DFW-NRT-DFW-ORD in mid-March for mid-May travel for $703 all in. Called AA and got confirmed both ways using e-vips.

Booked TPA-MIA-DFW-KIX-DFW-TPA for $868 all in, just about a week ago for mid-June travel. Called and got confirmed for the return, but waitlisted for the outbound.

Search this Thread