Citi "Annual Free" Offer

Old Apr 9, 06, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM former EXP - driven away by "Enhancements", MVPG75, Hilton Diamond
Citi "Annual Free" Offer

"Dear 2Tall,

Now, you can earn a one-time statement credit on your Citi/AA card to cover the cost of your annual fee. It's easy.

Get "Annual free" savings of $50

First, call 1-800-361-1834 to activate this offer. The simply spend $2,400 on purchases with your Citi/AA card before 6/30/06. When you do, a statement credit of $50 will automatically appear on a future billing statement.

...more....

Must call by 5/15/06 to get started"

I do not see the word "targeted" anywhere on this.

This is easy. One month of switching from Starwood to AA card full time = $50.

Then again, I could just cancel the account and restart with another big bonus/no annual fee offer! Again.
Old Apr 10, 06, 6:44 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM; UA Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Thanks for the heads up...I called and was offered 3,000 points if I spend $2,500 from the time I singed up through June 30th. Should be an easy 3,000 points
Old Apr 10, 06, 10:51 am

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
I just called and was told that I was already 'enrolled' in this program. I think it's because I called last month when my annual fee was due and I had it waived. The statement credit just posted.

jamflyer,
How did you get them to offer you the points deal? I'd love to get that.
Old Apr 10, 06, 11:45 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM; UA Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
I actually inquired about the deal posted above and was offered the 3,000 miles.
Old Apr 10, 06, 11:50 am

Programs: AA-Platinum; Starwood-Plat; Hyatt-Diamond; Hertz-President's Circle
only targeted

I just called and the lady told me that you have to be targetted for this promo.
Old Apr 10, 06, 11:52 am

Programs: AA, UA, Choice, Harrahs
this may or may not be offered if you call depending on previous activity. i got my annual fee waived and the $50 offer when i called recently. perhaps they finally decided to make it part of the deal since they gave away a bunch anyway. even though i use my card a lot
Old Apr 10, 06, 12:01 pm

Location: NC USA (AA 2 Million Miler, AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold)
def must be targeted: I tried both my CB AA Visa and my CB AA Mastercard, neither worked, "Max" from India said must be targeted, bummer
Old Apr 10, 06, 4:20 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Flyer1965
"Max" from India said must be targeted, bummer
I had a Tyrone the other day, after one too many "excuse me", " can you repeat that" I ask him where he was and he said India...at first I thought he said Indiana....

Search this Thread