earn 3,000 AA bonus miles with your Citi AA card

Old Apr 8, 06, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA PLAT, DL DM
earn 3,000 AA bonus miles with your Citi AA card

I just received an offer in the mail for 3,000 AA bonus miles if I spend $2,500 or more between now and 06/30/06 on my Citi AA card.

I have read all the fine print, and it looks legit.

Has anyone else also received this offer, if so, what's the catch?

Thank you, Jim
Old Apr 8, 06, 2:02 pm

Programs: Marriott - Platinum, AA - Lifetime Gold
Do you have to register?
Old Apr 8, 06, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA gold MM, HH gold, SPG gold,
Was it on Visa or MC? Personal or business? Did the offer come in snail mail with your statement? I was just on citicard site paying one of my bills, and didn't notice anything there, but that would be an easy 3000 miles for sure.
Old Apr 8, 06, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

It was my personal Mastercard. The offer came via snail mail by itself.

I just registered for this promotion by calling 800-361-1834. While registering for this promotion, I asked the rep. if this was a targeted promotion, and he said yes. I then asked him if anyone could register for this promotion, and he told me you have to be targeted.

My gut tells me I was targeted because I will soon have to pay my annual fee, and CitiBank is probably throwing me a bone so I do not cancel my card when my annual fee is due. Just a thought????

There is no mention on being able to register for this promotion via the internet, so it looks like you must call this phone number.

Good luck, Jim

Originally Posted by belleNY
Was it on Visa or MC? Personal or business? Did the offer come in snail mail with your statement? I was just on citicard site paying one of my bills, and didn't notice anything there, but that would be an easy 3000 miles for sure.
Old Apr 8, 06, 8:00 pm

im asuming they are offering this to people who dont spend much ....
Old Apr 8, 06, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium
I hope I get targeted. I doubt my chances.

jimcoddington: I was wondering how much you charge to the MasterCard.
Old Apr 8, 06, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

My monthly bill is usually between $2,500 to $5,000, so I am not a big AA CitiBank Mastercard spender, for I like to put everything on my Starwood AmEx.

Originally Posted by EVA Air
I hope I get targeted. I doubt my chances.

jimcoddington: I was wondering how much you charge to the MasterCard.
Old Apr 8, 06, 9:39 pm

Thanks for the additional information. I'll watch the mail, and see if it arrives. If not, I may just call the number and see what happens..worst they can do is tell me I'm not eligible.
Old Apr 9, 06, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by jimcoddington
My monthly bill is usually between $2,500 to $5,000, so I am not a big AA CitiBank Mastercard spender, for I like to put everything on my Starwood AmEx.
$30,000 - $60,000 may not be much to some frequent flyers but it is more than the median ANNUAL income in several states.
Old Apr 9, 06, 10:11 am

Although they claim it is targetted, could you please tell us the promo code anyway? I'd like to attempt to register for it. In the past, some companies have honored promos even to those not targetted. Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 06, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

There is no promo code anywhere on the letter I received. Sorry.

Originally Posted by rrgg
Although they claim it is targetted, could you please tell us the promo code anyway? I'd like to attempt to register for it. In the past, some companies have honored promos even to those not targetted. Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 06, 4:27 pm

My offer was different

Received, by snail mail, yesterday from Citi AA MC for my personal MC:
"one-time statement credit on your Citi AA card, to cover the cost of your annual fee". The registration phone # is the same as jimcoddington's #.

Apparently, if I spend $3k between now and 6/30/06, I will get a statement credit of $85. No offer of bonus miles, just the $85 credit. I think I am due to renew at the end of summer.

I guess they think I value the cash more than bonus miles? Or is it based on how much I spend?

Note - no promo code
Old Apr 9, 06, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP (> 2.5 MM; *Wood Gld; HHonors Gld
So what will happen if I 'register' for the promo if I am not targeted?
Old Apr 9, 06, 6:11 pm

While I might prefer the miles to the credit, I'd be happy with either one--something's better than nothing. I'm going to watch the mail, since I usually toss junk...and hope that something comes, before I call and see if I can wangle one or the other.
Old Apr 9, 06, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
Originally Posted by Boraxo
$30,000 - $60,000 may not be much to some frequent flyers but it is more than the median ANNUAL income in several states.
I don't think the OP was trying to tell us his salary. Some people with the median salaries you mentioned spend that per month. Consultants easily accumulate those kinds of charges to their cards each month and get reimbursed by their employers.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: