Community
Wiki Posts
Search

earn 3,000 AA bonus miles with your Citi AA card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2006, 12:45 pm

I called Citi and was told my account hasn't been offered this promotion.

The funny thing is I could hear another rep in the background informing someone else of the same offer! Doh!
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:15 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I was lucky I'll assume to be targeted.As I am very unhappy with American Express customer service lately the timing was perfect
Old Apr 13, 2006, 1:07 pm

Variation: 2,000 bonus miles for spending $1,200

I got a variation of the OP's offer: 2,000 bonus miles for spending $1,200 on my card between now and 6/30/06.

It appears targeted. I had to call a special number, 1-800-361-1834, to activate it, but no code. (They did ask for my account number.)

I hardly ever use card--I got it for the 15K signup bonus with first year for no fee. My anniversary is in May, and I guess they're hoping I renew.

I asked the rep if I had to keep the card to get the bonus, and she said no, as long as I charge $1,200 by the deadline, I'll automatically get the bonus sometime in July or August. I'm not sure I trust her, but what the heck--I'm going to charge my taxes at the reduced 2.0 percent convenience fee for Citi Mastercard members and see if I can get a little bonus for it. If not, I'll at least get the base miles for 2 cents a mile.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 2:39 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by amanofwords
I got a variation of the OP's offer: 2,000 bonus miles for spending $1,200 on my card between now and 6/30/06.
I asked the rep if I had to keep the card to get the bonus, and she said no, as long as I charge $1,200 by the deadline, I'll automatically get the bonus sometime in July or August. I'm not sure I trust her,
I wouldn't count on it personally. Once the account is closed I would be very surprised if it transacts unless it is put through before closure.
Better get in writing or expect nothing.My double miles never posted from the last promo however it amounted to less then 500 miles which isn't worth the hassle.If it wasn't for the generous sign up offer I would have closed my account in principal
Good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.