Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR with baggage?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2006, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
MR with baggage?

Hi all

Just about to leave for the States and have booked several MRs with AA.

Question concerns baggage - will there be a problem checking-in for a LAS-LAX-ORD-DFW-IAH flight? All flights have a minimum 1.5 hours connecting time.

With thanks in advance

L/M/E FF
Old Apr 6, 2006, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would sooner take a group of senior citizens with me on a mileage run as a piece of checked luggage.

That said, your bag(s) may or may not arrive at IAH when you do. It(they) may be left behind at LAS because of weight limits since that segment is now an Eagle flight (awful, but it happens). Might be forgotten somewhere else along the way. 90 minutes should be enough, but in practice, it might not be.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 4:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
If FWAAA lives long and prosperously, s/he might just get that wish...

On a slightly more serious vein, think about a carry-on - we find we can live out of a carryon for 2 - 4 weeks, planning well and packing properly; we have done that visiting Oz form the US. Mind you if we are going diving, all bets are off, and we add a couple of days on arrival just in case.

A great site for ideas on packing lightly and still having lots of wear options is www.packinglight.com. The woman who started this travel store many years ago with her husband developed a very nice system (she is gone now, but her husband and son keep the business thriving.) The site has diagrams checklists and more; look under "Travel Info Depot."

If IAH is at a point where you will stay a few days, your bag(s) will have a chance to catch up if it is kept off the RJ - but bags delay people in Customs, as well as making flight connections with smaller aircraft occasionally chancy. In any case, good luck, bon voyage and - be sure to post to let us know how your MRs are going.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.