Wiki Posts
Search

One billion thank you to American Airline

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 7:57 am
Original Poster

One billion thank you to American Airline

Hello

I am Xiao Dong Wang. I live in Texs but originally from China. Thank you American for starting Shanghai service to Worlds most populous country. On behalf of 1 billion Chinese people we say Xiexie (Thank you). I look forward to travels with your airine.

Thank you respectfully,
Xiao Dong Wang
Old Apr 5, 2006, 8:19 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Welcome to FlyerTalk Xiao Dong Wang! We look forward to more participation from China now that AA has made inroads to your country.

Cheers.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 9:07 am

Programs: UA Prem, AA, HH GVIP
Welcome to FT Xiao Dong Wang. I recently visited Shanghai and it is truly one of most amazing cities in the world. I recommend everyone take a flight there (AA if possible) when they have time. Truly great to have more connections to China as it a beautiful country.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:30 am

welcome

Welcome ^
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:41 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Cool

Originally Posted by Xiao Dong Wang
Hello

I am Xiao Dong Wang. I live in Texs but originally from China. Thank you American for starting Shanghai service to Worlds most populous country. On behalf of 1 billion Chinese people we say Xiexie (Thank you). I look forward to travels with your airine.

Thank you respectfully,
Xiao Dong Wang
Hmmmm.....
Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:07 am

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Curious.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Bianca?
Originally Posted by WRCSolberg
Curious.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:32 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Peatisback
Bianca?
Well, with only one post so far, it sure ain't Chelsea.

Cheers.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Xiao Dong Wang
Hello

Thank you respectfully,
Xiao Dong Wang
I guess you didn't care for Unitied or Continental?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA1MM EXP,HH SIL,Hertz 5 stars,ACmember
Welcome to FT. ^
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Xiao Dong Wang: As much as I hate the thought of deflowering your spirited post, I have to take issue with your assertion that 1 billion people (on even 10%) give a rat's .... UA has been serving the exact same route for over a year (and also makes use of the same glamorous flight paths portrayed by the Ft. Worth Star Telegram). What's more, getting between China and Dallas has been a breeze for the past 15+ years.

Competition, of course, is great. With any luck, AA, UA, and even MU will start rewarding us with AVOD and hot nuts as they fight for our greenbacks.

What's more, I expect to see a drop-off in those "How to fly AA to Shanghai" threads that were common in years' past (well, at least from persons residing east of Denver).

But, the idea that ordinary Chinese care is a bit suspect. After all, what we're really talking about is a <10% increase in capacity, which mostly benefits AA loyalists. Sure, Harbin locals craving a weekend in Dallas benefit from those rock bottom fares, but the buck stops there.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by moondog
Xiao Dong Wang: As much as I hate the thought of deflowering your spirited post, I have to take issue with your assertion that 1 billion people (on even 10%) give a rat's .... UA has been serving the exact same route for over a year (and also makes use of the same glamorous flight paths portrayed by the Ft. Worth Star Telegram). What's more, getting between China and Dallas has been a breeze for the past 15+ years.

Competition, of course, is great. With any luck, AA, UA, and even MU will start rewarding us with AVOD and hot nuts as they fight for our greenbacks.

What's more, I expect to see a drop-off in those "How to fly AA to Shanghai" threads that were common in years' past (well, at least from persons residing east of Denver).

But, the idea that ordinary Chinese care is a bit suspect. After all, what we're really talking about is a <10% increase in capacity, which mostly benefits AA loyalists. Sure, Harbin locals craving a weekend in Dallas benefit from those rock bottom fares, but the buck stops there.
That's a pretty cynical thesis. You're probably right that most Chinese people do not care about airline routes, but the same can be said about Americans. That does not mean that people do not benefit from increased trade links between two countries. Furthermore, since when can "Xiao Dong Wang" speak on behalf of the entire Chinese populace? He is inherently reflecting his own opinion upon China when making his statement.

Here's a parallel: Consider the common case that a politician travels abroad and says during a speech, "On behalf of the American people, thank you for _____[insert platitude]_____".

I have no idea whether Xiao Dong Wang is sincere, but I think you've got to be joking me.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Ceasy
That's a pretty cynical thesis. ..... That does not mean that people do not benefit from increased trade links between two countries.
Well, you should note my competition disclaimer. Truth be told, I was glad AA won those rights because I think UA was playing games with respect to ORD-SHA.

It's all good and I'm happy about ORD-PVG; it's just that the fanfare seems a bit overblown.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:19 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
*deleted *
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Who knows, maybe Randy will start a flyertalk in Chinese someday! But then we might get too much competition for upgrades from 1 billion Chinese.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.