Million mile "upgrades"

Old Apr 4, 06, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Million mile "upgrades"

Well it hasn't been to long since I went over the 1,000,000 mile mark and my 8 "stickers" have already posted.
That was quick... maybe 2 weeks? Nicely done AA....
Old Apr 4, 06, 8:57 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
The posting of threshold bonus 'benefits' seem to post from 2-3+ weeks from their occurrance.

It seems AA runs a program frequently (probably weekends but possibly more often) to track the people who requalify for their tier or make a new tier.

The people who reach a threshold are far fewer so that program seems to run monthly (sometime tho not always the end of the month when other major posting takes place). This lower frequency of running the program would indicate that if the pax made 1m (or 2m or 3m...) during the week before the program ran, the posting would take 'under a week' while if you crossed the threshold the week after the program ran it may take 3+ weeks for the bonus to post.

I have a suspicion that when the program determines someone has crossed a threshold that the posting of the bonus is a manual process (some person) with actual review and involvement. This 'checking' would probably involve validating the miles and validating the mailing address of the member, etc. As such, this 'human' step may add a few days to the process (there probably are only a few people at AA that do this process).

When I hit 4MM it took probably closer to 3 weeks to post the bonus .. but since eVIPs do not show up online in the sticker counter, it is harder to tell.

Congrats! BTW the second million goes MUCH faster!
Old Apr 4, 06, 9:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP
I crossed the 1 mil mark ~1/20 but e-vips were not deposited until mid-March. Almost 2 months.

I agree. The second mil should go faster. By the end of this year I should have ~250K already.
Old Apr 4, 06, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Hmmm.. e-vips? Maybe those take longer. Mine were just the simple 500 mile upgrade stickers.

Last edited by pkerr; Apr 4, 06 at 12:48 pm
Old Apr 4, 06, 10:07 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Originally Posted by pkerr
Hmmm.. e-vips? Maybe those take longer. My were just the simple 500 mile upgrade stickers.
That's all you'll get at 1MM...The eVIPs happen at all the rest of the million miles crossings...wait for it...

Cheers.
Old Apr 4, 06, 11:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT :(, 2MM), HHonors (Silver), Hertz (5 Star), Marriott (Silver)
Originally Posted by brp
That's all you'll get at 1MM...The eVIPs happen at all the rest of the million miles crossings...wait for it...

Cheers.
Well - that is all you get at 1MM if you happen to be in USA - otherwise you get eVIPs.
Old Apr 4, 06, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by erenner
Well - that is all you get at 1MM if you happen to be in USA - otherwise you get eVIPs.
Someone always feels the need to publicly correct this, but then miscorrects it.
Old Apr 4, 06, 12:13 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
The OP is in St. Louis, USA. S/he will only get stickers, nothing else. For more complete (and correct) information in the general case, there are plenty of threads. Doesn't apply here.

Cheers.
Old Apr 4, 06, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP
It is my understanding that the only AAdvantage members that get e-vips at the first 1MM are the ones that live in Europe, Africa, Asia and South America. Everybody else gets stickers.
Old Apr 4, 06, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
I realize that... 8 stickers is O.K. by me...
Old Apr 4, 06, 7:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
And what, and Belfast is in Europe, Africa, Asia or South America?

Belfast, Maine, United States
Belfast, New York, United States
Belfast, Tennessee, United States

Ooooh - THAT Belfast!

Congrats on the VIPs, because as others and you say, we in the North American sector get the 8 500 mile "sticker" upgrades at 1M, and have to wait until 2M and every M thereafter.

Originally Posted by LuckyTarget
It is my understanding that the only AAdvantage members that get e-vips at the first 1MM are the ones that live in Europe, Africa, Asia and South America. Everybody else gets stickers.

Search this Thread