BWI to Austin Issues?

Old Apr 3, 06, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN Prefered, BA Gold, Marriott Gold and a bunch of others
BWI to Austin Issues?

I have been reading this forum for about three weeks now and find it very educational to a great site for AA tips and info...This is my first post and is a question about service and if I should voice my complaint.

I left Saturday 9:30 AM from BWI to AUS. Got to DFW and arrived in the International Terminal (D)...Preceded to my connection a few gates down for a 1:30 dept. After about a half hour they changed gates, making it a close connection. We boarded the plane and had a leak in an overhead bin. Waited until they declared the plane was not going anywhere. I am ok with this, since the plane had problems. Got off the plane and told us to go to another gate, and wait. This was the wrong gate assignment and we had to switch terminals again. Finally got to the correct terminal and boarded about 90 minutes late. My complaint is all the shuffling around, and how the situation was handled. To top it off it took over forty minutes to get my bags.

Am I way off here? or is this valid complaint. I fly AA enough to know this is not the norm.
Old Apr 3, 06, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat/4MM, AS Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Welcome to FT!

As for your post, mechanical issues do happen but it is definitely annoying for all the gate switching. You may want to write a short e-mail using the webform on AA.COM (Contact Us) to mention it. They may give you some miles for your trouble or you may get nothing.
Old Apr 3, 06, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN Prefered, BA Gold, Marriott Gold and a bunch of others
Good suggestion.....Mechanical problems were not my problem I had with this flight....That is part of flying. It was the cattle hearding between the gates that never should have happend.

Thx for the suggestion!
Old Apr 3, 06, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP-1MM, SPG Gld, HH Silver, Skymiles, Marriott Silver, Hyatt GP Plat , CO Peon, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by aprutherford
Good suggestion.....Mechanical problems were not my problem I had with this flight....That is part of flying. It was the cattle hearding between the gates that never should have happend.

Thx for the suggestion!
Welcome to the world of the depeaked hub. It kind of works as a domino. When you got to your original gate the flight that was to leave prior to yours was probably running late thus they changed the gate you were originally supposed to depart out of. When your original flight was canceled due to the mechanical and I am sure prior to then they had to change the gate of the flight that was to leave after yours. So on and so forth. Of course getting a totally different plane for your eventual departure to AUS one would expect to have to change gates for that.

Search this Thread