AA to Nrt & CX codeshares Wow $$$

Old Mar 26, 2006, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

AA to Nrt & CX codeshares Wow $$$

I have been pricing coach seats from PHX - HKG through DFW & ORD return with the transfer at NRT ( to use VIP ) through eptember of this year and the fares are wild ! Lowest I can find is about $1500 all in.

Am I missing something here or was there a prety wild fare increase on this route ? Even CX direct is $1200 or so. By comparison I can get to SIN on all AA codeshares same routing for $900.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 5:14 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Originally Posted by idainc
I have been pricing coach seats from PHX - HKG through DFW & ORD return with the transfer at NRT ( to use VIP ) through eptember of this year and the fares are wild ! Lowest I can find is about $1500 all in.

Am I missing something here or was there a prety wild fare increase on this route ? Even CX direct is $1200 or so. By comparison I can get to SIN on all AA codeshares same routing for $900.
Although I can't answer your question, please advise...where are you finding the $900 PHX/SIN airfare (aa.com?)? That sounds quite attractive.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Yes. AA.COM
Old Mar 26, 2006, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Historically, it has always been cheaper to travel from the US to SIN than to NRT on AA. Not sure why, but the fare differences can be quite dramatic. Recently, JFK-SIN on AA in J (JFK-NRT-SIN r/t) was about $5400 but just go JFK-NRT (using the same AA167/168 flights) and it was over $2000 more on the same dates.

Fares are market based and not always mileage based.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 5:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by inlanikai
Historically, it has always been cheaper to travel from the US to SIN than to NRT on AA. Not sure why, but the fare differences can be quite dramatic. Recently, JFK-SIN on AA in J (JFK-NRT-SIN r/t) was about $5400 but just go JFK-NRT (using the same AA167/168 flights) and it was over $2000 more on the same dates.

Also (and especially) true in premium cabins for TPE and BKK-- much cheaper generally than NRT and HKG (even if you're connecting through one of the latter to get to one of the former.)
Old Mar 26, 2006, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by inlanikai

Familiar with it. When I lived in NY and had to add a stop in NRT versus a transit through it always seemed to add $1000 and that was 10 years ago. In htis case I cant seem to locate a decent fare via AA and NRT. CX is wonderful in J but it is out of the question in Y.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Have you tried it as two seperate tickets, one PHX-NRT and the other NRT-HKG?
Old Mar 26, 2006, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Comes up about the same. I am looking for an AA codesahre on CX so to buy it separately it needs to be a Y or H on CX.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 9:30 pm

Location: DALLAS,TX AA EXP-3MM, HYT PLAT, SPG PLAT,HLT GLD,LEADERS CLUB
Well I was having the same problem getting to BKK. I just purchased the Fare from DFW-SIN for arounnd 950 for April. I was able to Purchase a B fare on CX from SIN-BKK-SIN for around 200. I get AA miles all the way and can upgrade from DFW-NRT-DFW with VIPs. The trip gets me 21288 status miles or 43000 total miles for around $1100.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 9:24 am

Programs: AA lifetime GOLD, but still an AA Baby compare to people here. CX nobody. BR Silver.
Related to this topic.
I am trying to book a trip
ORD-DFW-NRT AA
NRT-TPE CX
TPE-NRT CX
NRT-ORD AA
It looks for me that it is cheaper to book AA and CX seperately.
Now the question if I book seperately.
1) When I check in in ORD or back from TPE, can luggage go all the way
from ORD to TPE and TPE to ORD without take out the luggage in NRT?
2) NRT-TPE has a restrictive limit on luggage weight. Only 44 lbs. Do I
have to obey that rule if I can have my luggage go all the way?
3) What is the disadvantage to book seperate?

Thanks

yuchung5
Old Mar 31, 2006, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by idainc

The AA connections through NRT are often more expensive. If fact, I would say almost always more expensive.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.