Search

5% group discount - now with codes!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
5% group discount - now with codes!

Hi -

I know the group discount has been mentioned before, but I noticed a change from the FT report when I recently asked AA for a group discount for my upcoming wedding. Contrary to previous reports, they gave me a "discount code" which could be used on AA.com so our guests won't have to incur the booking fee.

Incidentally, no other airlines (I tried UA, CO, US) would offer a discount for a group that didn't share the same itinerary, and AA let us use three destination airports (SFO, SJC, OAK) and a two-week window for arrival and departure. I'm impressed with the way AA handled this.

DJD
Old Mar 3, 2006, 5:11 pm
Suspended

Do you know any more requirements regarding this? I have a bachelor party of 30 + people coming from all over the country - but I couldn't find anyone that would give discounts unless 10 were coming from the same airport. TIA!

Originally Posted by djdevvydev
Hi -

I know the group discount has been mentioned before, but I noticed a change from the FT report when I recently asked AA for a group discount for my upcoming wedding. Contrary to previous reports, they gave me a "discount code" which could be used on AA.com so our guests won't have to incur the booking fee.

Incidentally, no other airlines (I tried UA, CO, US) would offer a discount for a group that didn't share the same itinerary, and AA let us use three destination airports (SFO, SJC, OAK) and a two-week window for arrival and departure. I'm impressed with the way AA handled this.

DJD
Old Mar 4, 2006, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by djdevvydev
Hi -

DJD
So, could I just call them and say I am getting married in Paris, then book 2 tickets online a few minutes later to save 5%?
Old Mar 4, 2006, 3:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Isn't there a big convention (going on in Dallas) in conjunction with a 60K promotion right around the 11th of April? I've got a bunch of DAL-AUS tickets, but my flight down from NYC is still just on hold. Hmm, anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.