Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Anyone have the link for companion flies free coupon and 15,000 miles Visa offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone have the link for companion flies free coupon and 15,000 miles Visa offer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2006, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

I saw it at one time. Can't seem to find it now. Does anyone know if this offer still exists?
Old Feb 27, 2006, 10:44 pm
21A

http://www.fly2005.citicards.com
http://www.miles2005.citicards.com
Old Feb 28, 2006, 8:46 am

Programs: AA PLT MM
... and just remember that the companion ticket only applies to identical tickets over $299 from some very select fare bins. Good luck trying to use it in a logical way.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plasticman
... and just remember that the companion ticket only applies to identical tickets over $299 from some very select fare bins. Good luck trying to use it in a logical way.
thanks for the link 21A.

Plasticman-can you elaborate on what you mean by select fare bins. I think we'll use it HNL to continental U.S. you think we may have problems using it this way. I've used United's companion flies free and haven't had problems. I hope AA is the same. Unfortunatly for us to leave this island our fares are almost always more than $300. Thanks for your warning.

I noticed this offer will expire today. Anybody know if they'll extend it? I thought I read someplace that this offer is offered quite often.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT MM
Look at the footnotes for the offer (follow the link at the bottom of the pages shown above. Here's part of what it says.

Companion certificate offer is only available to new Citi® / AAdvantage® cardholders approved through this offer. Passenger is responsible for taxes, fees and charges in association with companion travel. Details as well as certain restrictions, conditions and restricted dates apply and will be sent out on your certificate. Tickets must be booked in V, M, L, K or W inventory. Redemption of the certificate allowed only when used with a ticket booked by phone through American Airlines reservations or through airport or city ticket offices. Such tickets are an additional $8 and $15 more respectively than tickets purchased through www.aa.com The latter amounts do not apply to AAdvantage Executive Platinum® members and AAirpass® customers. All such additional amounts are subject to change. This offer expires on 2/28/06. This certificate is not redeemable for cash and has no value except when redeemed in accordance with these terms and conditions. It is also void if altered, counterfeited, obtained or used improperly or where prohibited by law. Your companion certificate will arrive 8-10 weeks after account approval.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA - Executive Platinum HHonors - Diamond
Whoa, this is kind of freaky - I was about to ask about this and here's a thread on it today...

Does that mean there's no way to use a companion coupon to get Mrs. Philo into F?

I'm thinking of heading to LHR for Veteran's Day Weekend (prompted by the FT get-together - what the heck). I found fares for $450 RT, and figured I could use the companion cert to get us both there. I'll be EXP by then...

So if I book one coach ticket, is there a combination of EXP, miles, and this coupon that gets us both into either business or F?

Philo
Old Mar 4, 2006, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plasticman
Look at the footnotes for the offer (follow the link at the bottom of the pages shown above. Here's part of what it says.
Thanks...there's also a lot of black out dates. Be careful.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Philoj
Whoa, this is kind of freaky - I was about to ask about this and here's a thread on it today...

Does that mean there's no way to use a companion coupon to get Mrs. Philo into F?

I'm thinking of heading to LHR for Veteran's Day Weekend (prompted by the FT get-together - what the heck). I found fares for $450 RT, and figured I could use the companion cert to get us both there. I'll be EXP by then...

So if I book one coach ticket, is there a combination of EXP, miles, and this coupon that gets us both into either business or F?

Philo
1. Is your $450 fare in one of the listed fare classes? If not, what is the cheapest fare in one of the listed classes?
2. I think that EXPs get these little EVIP thingies that will put them into Biz. Don't know about using EVIP on companion ticket, though.
3. My experience with these companion tickets has been that I normally can buy 2 fares in deep discount cheaper than one in the eligible fare classes. Also, remember that the companion does not earn mileage. It always seemed to me that the only use for the companion coupons was if you were on a company paid trip, and wanted to take a companion along, and the company booked you into one of the eligible fare buckets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.