Airlinequality.com - Not AA lovers!

Old Feb 27, 06, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Hilton Honors
Airlinequality.com - Not AA lovers!

Trying to figure out which airline to store my miles with this year, I was leaning towards AA for intl and UA for domestic - thus, given that most of my travel is international (LHR, TLV, SCL, EZE, NRT), I had almost decided on AA. Then ... I read airlinequality.com. Jeez, the reviews of AA are almost uniformally terrible (old and tattered aircraft, poor cleaning, hostile FAs, ...). Oddly, the opinions on UA were almost always positive to glowing.

Is there something I am missing?

For me, UA runs E170s and 757/767/777 to the west coast while AA runs E145 and MD80s (and an occassional 757) to the west coast. Throw in the flight delays at DFW for high winds, thunderstorms vs the flow control issues at ORD, I will usually opt for UA. But other than that, I can't tell much difference (sure E+ is better than standard coach, but not that much!). Have things changed that much in the last several months?
Old Feb 27, 06, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Oh, and AA occassionally gives me OpUps from ORD to LHR given that I am 6'4. UA has NEVER upgraded me.

Last edited by DrBeeper; Feb 27, 06 at 1:08 pm Reason: changes
Old Feb 27, 06, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Top Tier, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DrBeeper
Oh, and AA occassionally gives me OpUps from ORD to LHR given that I am 6'4. UA has NEVER upgraded me.
Impressive- how do you work the op-up? I'm the same height and have never, ever been op-upped....
Old Feb 27, 06, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Peatisback
Impressive- how do you work the op-up? I'm the same height and have never, ever been op-upped....
Even more interesting, both times it has been a female Hispanic agent. And only ORD-LHR (but not reverse).
Old Feb 27, 06, 1:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
I read airlinequality.com. Jeez, the reviews of AA are almost uniformally terrible (old and tattered aircraft, poor cleaning, hostile FAs, ...).
Few months ago I wrote and tried to post a GOOD review of my AA flight to London. I received a cofirmation that the site has received it, and after reviewing it, it should be posted within few days. NOTHING for couple of weeks. I e-mailed, asking for explanation? NOTHING! I e-mailed again with the original copy of my review - NOTHING! I e-mailed with some choice words - STILL NOTHING! Whatever

Take it for what it's worth, but I have a hard time believing what I read on that site after that.
Old Feb 27, 06, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT MM
...?

Even more interesting, both times it has been a female Hispanic agent. ...
yeah ... very interesting

... and how many times has this happened?

Last edited by plasticman; Feb 27, 06 at 3:26 pm Reason: correct punctuation, makes life: much clearer?
Old Feb 27, 06, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plasticman
yeah ... very interesting

... and how many times has this happened
Well, both times I was on crutches. Pure sympathy.
Old Feb 27, 06, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Top Tier, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Well, both times I was on crutches. Pure sympathy.
Were you supposed to have an exit row seat otherwise? Wouldn't be so bad to have to op-up from a full Y cabin b/c you can't sit in an exit row....
Old Feb 27, 06, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by andrzej
Take it for what it's worth, but I have a hard time believing what I read on that site after that.
I guess that explains the uniformly negative reviews of AA.

I think I'll try making a positive post and see what happens. I can report the great crew that flew SMF-DFW yesterday. (They were the exact opposite of the less-than-stellar crew that worked the other direction.)

Search this Thread