FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   OT: 260,000 miles on the nose (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/531097-ot-260-000-miles-nose.html)

cme2c Feb 27, 2006 11:28 am

OT: 260,000 miles on the nose

Haven't had a useless thread for a couple days so here is one. What are the odds? Can anyone come up with the most fun way to spend those miles exactly for 2 people???

YTD Elite Qualifying Points: 4,072

YTD Elite Qualifying Miles: 6,144

YTD Gold / Platinum Qualifying Segments: 6

Miles Towards Gold / Platinum / Executive Platinum Upgrades: 15,295

Miles with Expiration Deferred Through 2/22/09: 260,000

Upgrade Account Balance: 3

Total Available Award Mileage + 260,000

I might have to cancel my trip later this week just to make it last a little longer.

ricktoronto Feb 27, 2006 5:05 pm

Fly somewhere.

cme2c Feb 27, 2006 7:33 pm

And here I was just going to buy magazines.

tom911 Feb 27, 2006 8:17 pm

2 business class tickets to Australia would be a good start, at 125K each.

Tom in Queenstown NZ this afternoon....and it's spectacular outside (photos on line within the next 30 mins)

cme2c Feb 27, 2006 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
2 business class tickets to Australia would be a good start, at 125K each.

Tom in Queenstown NZ this afternoon....and it's spectacular outside (photos on line within the next 30 mins)

Yeah that thread on the first page about Air Tahiti Nui vs OneWorld award on the first page has me thinking. It's just going to be difficult for me to get 2 weeks off anytime soon. No way I want to waste that trip for just a week. But a trip down under with a few days stopover in Tahiti sounds pretty good to me.

tom911 Feb 28, 2006 1:31 am

After the day in Queenstown NZ, and a couple prior days in Christchurch, I'd say consider at a week on the South Island. If you want to bungy jumping, parasail, ride in fast boats, or even go up in a stunt plane, it's happening here. I'm going to come back next year for Franz Josef glacier and Milford Sound just because I don't have the time this trip.

Click on the 2006 Queenstown link in my travel page for photos taken today. The weather has just been ideal this week on the South Island.

FlyerBeek Feb 28, 2006 8:12 am

If you're really looking just to burn miles, why not just donate them?

WRCSolberg Feb 28, 2006 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
If you're really looking just to burn miles, why not just donate them?

I think he meant burn them on travel, not burning them in general....