Going to visit Admiral's Club for the first time at DFW

Old Feb 26, 06, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Going to visit Admiral's Club for the first time at DFW

I got a card in the mail entitling me to a complimentary visit to an Admiralís Club before the end of April. Tomorrow I have an afternoon flight out of DFW and I figure I will go to the airport a couple of hours early and take them up on their offer.

Is one AC preferable over another at DFW or are they pretty much all the same?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.
Old Feb 26, 06, 9:16 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

D

1. It's the newest.
2. It offers outstanding views over teh apron and runway
Old Feb 26, 06, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA - Executive Platinum HHonors - Diamond
On a related note - I bought a day pass to the ORD AC last week, planning to buy a membership next flight out. I got the same coupon (one day free, $50 off membership). Anyone know if I can combine my $50 discount from the day pass and the $50 off from the coupon? (I'll try anyway, just wondering...)

Philo
Old Feb 26, 06, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Philoj
On a related note - I bought a day pass to the ORD AC last week, planning to buy a membership next flight out. I got the same coupon (one day free, $50 off membership). Anyone know if I can combine my $50 discount from the day pass and the $50 off from the coupon? (I'll try anyway, just wondering...)

Philo
Go ahead and try, but it says right on the day pass that you cannot combine it with anything. And remember that Elites get a discount anyway....

I got one too. I always get one that expires 1 week before I really need it...
Don't really need my pass while passing through DFW 12 times between MCI and AUS.
Old Feb 26, 06, 9:42 pm

Programs: OW Emerald/AA EXP, DL Plat, SPG Plat,
About the coupon/offer: Is it targeted? Transferable?
Old Feb 26, 06, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by ja_user
Go ahead and try, but it says right on the day pass that you cannot combine it with anything. And remember that Elites get a discount anyway....
Sure, but fifty bucks is fifty bucks.

I'll try and post back when I find out. And if I can't combine them then I'll use the admission discount and see if I can transfer the coupon.

Philo
Old Feb 26, 06, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, SPG Gold, MR Gold, HH Gold
The real question is: does the new D club have the same amazing shower heads that the A club has?
Old Feb 26, 06, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by skye1
About the coupon/offer: Is it targeted? Transferable?
Three people (GLD, PLT & PLT) in my household got one... but not me (PLT).

Dunno if that helps but thought I'd put it out there.
Old Feb 26, 06, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Gobalist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
I would assume that the $50 bucks in the offer would be in addition to an elite discount. After all, they knew that I was EXP before sending me the offer.

I'm not so sure the discount from a day-pass would be a separate offer, but I could see it contrued as such.
Old Feb 26, 06, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by aamilesslave
I would assume that the $50 bucks in the offer would be in addition to an elite discount. After all, they knew that I was EXP before sending me the offer.

I'm not so sure the discount from a day-pass would be a separate offer, but I could see it contrued as such.
My thinking is that when I bought the day-pass, I was told if I bought a membership within 30 days they would refund the cost of the pass. So it's not a coupon, it's a reimbursement.

Of course, they may see things differently.
Old Feb 26, 06, 11:22 pm

The AC in Terminal D is the hotness.
Old Feb 27, 06, 7:30 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
In regards to the recently mailed day passes. They are targetted, I always get one right after I get back from a long trip and cannot use it within the 90 day expiration. It has your name on it, and FF# so it would be hard to transfer.....

I have been told, and it has been discussed here that you cannot use this free ones $50 off, along with the Gold/Plat discounts. So really, it is a free day at the AC, and a marketting tool.

Signing up for the AC is a garrenteed way not to get these.
Old Feb 27, 06, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by ja_user
I have been told, and it has been discussed here that you cannot use this free ones $50 off, along with the Gold/Plat discounts. So really, it is a free day at the AC, and a marketting tool.
Now see - that makes NO sense whatsoever. Do they really mail the coupon to people they know have status (and therefore discounts) knowing that we can't use it?

Again, I'll post back my experience after I join.
Old Feb 27, 06, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
I don't know the particulars of the normal cost versus discounts etc for a membership. But this morning when I arrived here at the AC and presented the card I was told I can get a year's membership for $250.

By the way the AC here in terminal D at DFW is very impressive.
Old Feb 27, 06, 10:00 am

Programs: AA EXP (3MM), UA PLT, DL PM, MR PLT PREM, HH DIAMOND, IHG SPIRE AMB, OTHERS
Originally Posted by ESpen36
The real question is: does the new D club have the same amazing shower heads that the A club has?
While the D club does have decent showers, they're more of the standard variety. Only the A club has those awesome showers. Well worth a trip if you have the time to spare. I'm also a fan of the Bose music room - also at the A club.

-FlyerBeek

Search this Thread