Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Info on Changing at KIX to AA DFW flight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2006, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Info on Changing at KIX to AA DFW flight

I came in from China (PVG) yesterday on JAL to the KIX to DFW AA flight and then change to AA BOS.
It is a very long walk in KIX (no moving walk ways as in PVG and NRT) from when you get off the JL flight to get to secuity to transfer. There is no transfer desk before security. You need paper work to get through (a boarding pass or E-Ticket receipt - JL does not give you AA boarding passes at check in. After security u go upstairs, You then need to try and find the train to get you to the south wing where AA is (my flight left from gate 32) and try and find the JL check-in desk for AA. Not well marked. They also gave me a JL club pass. The JL club is down about 100 yards on the left from the check-in desk- more walking. The club is used by many airlines. Was sparse and crowded - most people for other flights. Wireless access was Free. No food, just crackers, the infomous soy nuts and drinks. I did not see any AA peopel until I got on the plane (flight attendants). All the checkin is done by JL people. We left about an hour late due to late inbound. Arrived in DFW about 1 hour late. Also a very long walk in new DFW D to Immigration (arrived gate 33). No AA people to meet the plane with connection info due to late arrival. Immigration line moved quickly. Only waited about 10 minutes. By the time I left the line was huge - several hundred people as other flights came in - my guess the wait turned into a half hour). From the time off the plane to luggage arrival was 22 minutes. I got there before the luggage. Luggage re-check is fast. The security line upstairs was long and slow. I used the premium line, still slow but shorter. By the time I got through secutity it was 5pm (I had a 5:19 flight). Had to find the train link to C25. Anyway I made the flight. Last person on at 5:14. And suprise my luggage made it at BOS. Make sure you schedule at least 1:30-2 hours to come in international D and change if you have luggage.

Issues- looks like if there is a storm at KIX the runways would be under water- looks like the place is sinking. Lot's of activity/construction along the whole east sea wall to keep the water out. The terminal is sparse. long walks, no moving side walks and poor duty free especially in the south wing.
I would rather change in NRT. May take longer but more to do and less walking and you have backup if you are late.
Also leave time to change in DFW. It may take longer then you think. 30 minutes more then the old Terminal A arrival unless your new flight leaves from D.

Last edited by zman; Feb 25, 2006 at 9:25 pm
Old Feb 25, 2006, 9:21 pm

Thanks for the info zman. I will stick to NRT-DFW for my upcoming trip then.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by zman
Issues- looks like if there is a storm at KIX the runways would be under water- looks like the place is sinking. Lot's of activity/construction along the whole east sea wall to keep the water out.
That's because it is sinking!

National Geographic Channel's "Megastructures" show has an episode on Kansai. Very interesting show.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 12:33 pm
TR35R

It is very interesting show indeed. If I remember correctly, KIX has contracted with thousands of Ama-divers... In a bad weather like that, they support from the underneath.
Originally Posted by PresRDC
That's because it is sinking!

National Geographic Channel's "Megastructures" show has an episode on Kansai. Very interesting show.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.