Longest RJ Flight on AE

Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:09 pm

Programs: Aadvantage
The longest one I have personally been on was XNA-MIA, but I don't think they offer that flight anymore. It wasn't too bad, but would definitely have preferred a larger plane.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 6:56 am

I once spent about six hours on a RJ. Around two hours for the BOS-YYZ flight and four hours in the penalty box waiting for the lightning to pass YYZ so we could move to a gate.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by KOStradivarius
I once spent about six hours on a RJ.
Misery!
Old Nov 15, 2009, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I'm scheduled for a 2+ hour run from BOS - RDU next week in an ER-140. Really dreading it; but the alternative was a DL CR100.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
BOS-STL will certainly be up there come 4/6/10. Not looking forward to those flights; will probably just route through ORD to avoid the RJs.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
My longest RJ segment was XNA-LAX nonstop, 1371 miles, and over 3 hour block time. An interesting side note was that Air Force One was at XNA when we were there (although it wasn't officially designated Air Force One for that flight). It was early in the Bush administration, and he lent it to Ex-President Clinton to fly to the dedication (or possibly cornerstone-laying) of his presidential library. A 747 on the tarmac at XNA looked pretty large. Our flight left 25 minutes early, as all the passengers were at the gate and could get on, and they were about to close the airport to takeoffs and landings for an hour so Clinton could leave, so we either left early or late.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 2:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My longest was in 2007 doing MCI-RDU (remember that route?) at 904 miles.

Also, to pbjag, BOS-RDU on a ERJ isn't bad. It's 612 miles and doesn't clock in at 2 hours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.