FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Economy vs Coach (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/529983-economy-vs-coach.html)

AA2070 Feb 24, 06 12:03 am

Economy vs Coach

Just purchased an RT BOS-DFW for next month. The outbound, 1333 is in Q and the return, 830 is in S. My E-ticket confirmation lists the outbound as "Coach" and the return as "Economy". I haven't noticed this before... are certian buckets coach and others economy? I thought that they were the same, just different marketing words between different airlines.

777-DCA Feb 24, 06 12:19 am

Originally Posted by AA2070
Just purchased an RT BOS-DFW for next month. The outbound, 1333 is in Q and the return, 830 is in S. My E-ticket confirmation lists the outbound as "Coach" and the return as "Economy". I haven't noticed this before... are certian buckets coach and others economy? I thought that they were the same, just different marketing words between different airlines.

I consider them both the same. But with the increasing prices in tickets how economical are they? :confused:

Wexflyer Feb 24, 06 12:22 am

You will find that AA always tries to avoid calling this service what it really is - steerage.

plasticman Feb 24, 06 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Wexflyer
You will find that AA always tries to avoid calling this service what it really is - steerage.

Which brings us to one of my favorite FT acrynoms ... If you're not EXP, PLT or GLD, you must be SLC

SLC = Self Loading Cargo

AEpilot76 Feb 24, 06 8:16 am

Originally Posted by 777-DCA
I consider them both the same. But with the increasing prices in tickets how economical are they? :confused:

Um, I could have sworn tickets were at an all time low

FrmAEattendant Feb 24, 06 9:37 am

Originally Posted by plasticman
Which brings us to one of my favorite FT acrynoms ... If you're not EXP, PLT or GLD, you must be SLC

SLC = Self Loading Cargo

Thanks I just spit my coffee all over my screen :D

ricktoronto Feb 24, 06 12:09 pm

I thought that they were the same, just different marketing words between different airlines.

It's like choosing between a poke in the eye with a stick or a kick in the goonies. No matter what it's called.

salut0 Feb 24, 06 1:09 pm

coach (US English) = economy (British English)

Why AA is using "economy" to describe the product when sold in the USA is unclear to me...

JohnG Feb 24, 06 2:25 pm

I would much rather buy a "pre-driven" vehicle as opposed to some "used" car. :p

777-DCA Feb 24, 06 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by AEpilot76

Negative. For example, tickets to DCA now are $270. At the all time low they were $180. To LAX they are $240. At the all time low (at least the low I have seen) they were $200.

studio76 Feb 24, 06 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by salut0
coach (US English) = economy (British English)

Yes. In most other countries "coach" implies BUS transport.

ja_user Feb 24, 06 10:12 pm

what is the flight numbers, and are the equipment different? Like one is a MD-80 and the other a MD83?

Flyer23 Feb 24, 06 10:38 pm

My dad (a cheapskate, in a very good way) used to call it "peasant class" :D

BenjaminNYC Feb 24, 06 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by AEpilot76

Nope. That's a myth.

sadiqhassan Feb 24, 06 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
Nope. That's a myth.

I agree. The prices seem to be rising slowly but steadily :(

Cheers