ORD-LHR F meal/beverage options

Old Feb 23, 2006, 6:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

ORD-LHR F meal/beverage options

I did a search and couldn't find anything recent on this... Does AA offer Johnnie Walker Blue label in F on ORD --> LHR?

Appreciate the help.

Any recent menu/service posts?

(please don't criticize me for not knowing...)
Old Feb 23, 2006, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Checkout Tom911's recent post of menus for JFK-LHR-ORD in J here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=528695

F meals will be similar to J with a few enhancements. Service wise, the meals will be served on the flagship china, not pre-plated, and the service will be far more individualized than J. Heading eastbound there will be a smoked salmon appetizer cart and a separate salad card that should include the choice of lobster tails. Dessert will be a choice of either an ice cream sundae or one additional choice (likely a fruit based dish) AND the cheese plate (I believe J only gets dessert OR cheese). Breakfast will be larger and should include a cooked dish (although I believe that cooked-to-order eggs have been discontinued in the last year). Wine lists will be roughly the same with perhaps a slightly better Champagne in F (sadly, Belle-Eqoque is now only available on the CDG routes). Certainly no Blue Label (or any real top-shelf drinks for that matter), but drink choices should include: Glenlivet Single Malt, Dewar's White Label, Crown Royal, and Courvoisier VSOP, among others.

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip.

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 23, 2006, 7:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Checkout Tom911's recent post of menus for JFK-LHR-ORD in J here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=528695

F meals will be similar to J with a few enhancements. Service wise, the meals will be served on the flagship china, not pre-plated, and the service will be far more individualized than J. Heading eastbound there will be a smoked salmon appetizer cart and a separate salad card that should include the choice of lobster tails. Dessert will be a choice of either an ice cream sundae or one additional choice (likely a fruit based dish) AND the cheese plate (I believe J only gets dessert OR cheese). Breakfast will be larger and should include a cooked dish (although I believe that cooked-to-order eggs have been discontinued in the last year). Wine lists will be roughly the same with perhaps a slightly better Champagne in F (sadly, Belle-Eqoque is now only available on the CDG routes). Certainly no Blue Label (or any real top-shelf drinks for that matter), but drink choices should include: Glenlivet Single Malt, Dewar's White Label, Crown Royal, and Courvoisier VSOP, among others.

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip.

-FlyerBeek
VERY helpful. Thanks.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by ehb312
I did a search and couldn't find anything recent on this... Does AA offer Johnnie Walker Blue label in F on ORD --> LHR?

Appreciate the help.

Any recent menu/service posts?

(please don't criticize me for not knowing...)

Yes - AA do offer Johnnie Blue in F, J and Y - in their duty free catalogue.

And no Shanghai Tang pajamas either!
Old Feb 23, 2006, 7:51 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Only BA and CX serve JW Blue these days. AA does have some pretty good wines which vary by route and season, and my last 2 flights have had the 1996 Perrier Jouet Belle Epoque champagne (which is an excellent vintage, Dom quality and now sells for USD 150 a bottle); so some UK flights also get it. Breakfast has steak and an omelette (fresh eggs disappeared years ago, though CX still has it).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.