FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Great Service to NRT.... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/529104-great-service-nrt.html)

chsb Feb 21, 2006 9:40 pm

Great Service to NRT....

I flew DFW-NRT on my way to HKG in J. The flight was great. The FAs went out of their way to make sure everyone was taken care of. They were very attentive during the whole flight. There seemed to always be an FA walking up and down the isle to ensure every one had everything they needed. I had the Japanese meal which was quite tastey. They kept the snack attack cart stocked full the whole flight which was nice. We were about 30 minutes late because of strong head winds. Upon arrival to NRT I had no problems getting to the CX lounge where I handed them my boarding pass and they actually had a printed invitation with my updated CX boarding pass to HKG there at the lounge. The CX flight was quite nice as well. That was in Y and was a pleasant experience. Though beware. I am not a big person but the exit row seats on the CX A330-333 are quite narrow. I have exit row on the CX 773 return to NRT so I will so what those are like. I write this because I have noticed over the past year that all of my TATL and TPAC flights on AA metal have seen marked improvement service over what it used to be.

ppisklak Feb 21, 2006 10:17 pm

Thanks!

Thanks for that post. I am headed to NRT in July for my honeymoon and look forward to that good service!

JDiver Feb 21, 2006 10:24 pm

Beastly weather, good service, eh? ;) We celebrated the 40th anniversary of our meeting last October with a trip to NRT (TYO and Nikko,) and the service was very nice.

Originally Posted by ppisklak
Thanks for that post. I am headed to NRT in July for my honeymoon and look forward to that good service!

1/4MM@20 Feb 22, 2006 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by chsb
I flew DFW-NRT on my way to HKG in J. The flight was great. The FAs went out of their way to make sure everyone was taken care of. They were very attentive during the whole flight. There seemed to always be an FA walking up and down the isle to ensure every one had everything they needed. I had the Japanese meal which was quite tastey.

Do you happen to recall what the other western meal choices were?

chsb Feb 22, 2006 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
Do you happen to recall what the other western meal choices were?

I believe know for sure the steak with mashed potatoes. I also think there was a lobster ravioli and maybe a chicken dish. The appetizer was teriyaki beef strips and of course the salad.

1/4MM@20 Feb 22, 2006 5:54 pm

I believe know for sure the steak with mashed potatoes. I also think there was a lobster ravioli and maybe a chicken dish. The appetizer was teriyaki beef strips and of course the salad.

Thanks ^

PokerHammy Feb 22, 2006 6:31 pm

I think the Western meals looked much better than the salty, cold, Japanese meals I had both ways.

DrBeeper Feb 22, 2006 7:49 pm

I am glad to hear this report.

For $$$ reasons, my firm made me fly United biz to NRT. Nothing wroing with it at all, but it was CMH-ORD-SFO-NRT-LAX-DEN-CMH (one connection too many each way). The FAs were ... not very interested.

Give my the cheerful silver planes, the nice FAs of AA any day. I will use AA next trip!

romcarlos Feb 23, 2006 7:20 am

I just returned from NRT....

I am very happy with my last trip on AA...the food one way was the Risotto , awesome plate with shrimp and goat cheese, and the filet mignon on the return...The omelete was a little dry, but I have to admit that the service was very good....Thanks FA Team :D

david55 Feb 23, 2006 8:51 am

I have a dear friend who is an FA for AA and this is her route... I emailed your kudo's to her and she asked if you might share what day you flew so that she could acknowledge the proper crew for their service.....

queenladyk Feb 23, 2006 9:01 am

Glad to hear it! I am going for my first time in April. I will fly J all the way from NYC.

jaynyc Feb 23, 2006 2:06 pm

I flew DFW-NRT on my way to HKG in J. The flight was great. The FAs went out of their way to make sure everyone was taken care of. They were very attentive during the whole flight.

Thanks for your post. I have flown JFK-NRT once a few years ago (in J) and will be repeating that flight in less than two weeks. In NRT, I connected to JL (in Y) heading down to SIN. I was only able to sleep an hour on the way to NRT. Never got comfortable enough in those buckets to sleep. However, I had two empty seats next to me in Y on the JL flight and got several hours sleep. Actually enjoyed the JL flight more. But J to NRT on AA is better than steerage!