AA new service ORD-DEL-ORD has done very well

Old Jun 16, 2006, 1:38 pm
Suspended

DL will announce JFK-BOM beginning on November 1, 2006. This will allow for New York customers to avoid having to backtrack to ORD, and connect in DEL if going to BOM.

DL's new BusinessElite service, with cabin and meal updates, and a new AVOD system, seems poised for success.

Last edited by CristalRoederer; Jun 16, 2006 at 1:44 pm
Old Jun 16, 2006, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by CristalRoederer
DL will announce JFK-BOM beginning on November 1, 2006. This will allow for New York customers to avoid having to backtrack to ORD, and connect in DEL if going to BOM.
*if* they can reliably serve the route nonstop without weight restrictions or technicals... JFK-BOM is 350 miles longer than DEL-ORD...
Old Jun 16, 2006, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
This reasoning makes no sense. DL already has JFK-BOM service, albeit with a stop in CDG or FRA. Why would New York customers opt for NYC-ORD-DEL-BOM (AA) instead of JFK-CDG/FRA-BOM (DL)?
Old Jun 16, 2006, 9:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
We will now pause our normal programming for a commercial sponsored by another airline. (But not much longer...)

DL's new BusinessElite service, with cabin and meal updates, and a new AVOD system, seems poised for success.
Old Jun 16, 2006, 10:41 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I don't understand the "backtracking comment" since New York customers don't generally fly to ORD and connect in DEL to get to BOM. We already have ways to avoid that and get either AA or DL miles.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 9:03 am

Programs: AA PLT
Looks like our suspended friend was correct about DL launching non-stop JFK-BOM:

http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/060619/100884.html
Old Jun 19, 2006, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MiamiBeach
Looks like our suspended friend was correct about DL launching non-stop JFK-BOM:

Wow, that's cool about Africa as well

JFK-ACC & JFK-BOM
Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:00 am
Suspended

DL's JFK-BOM non-stop will work well enough for me, although I'd much prefer a morning (i.e., "daytime") arrival into Bombay instead of another late night one. In any event, another route to possibly use my DL PMUs is welcomed by me.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by MiamiBeach

Yep.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 8:27 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
LLRIND fares

This is definitely OT but I'm going to post it here because it doesn't really fit the MR forum...

Have you noticed the LLRIND DEL fares? The base fare is $848+ from ORD (other origins available for a small premium), and doesn't need to be on the AA non-stops; AF/LH/BA etc are valid carriers on the Europe-DEL segment. AY is also available on the non-stop HEL-DEL, and AY offers full AA mileage credit on their discounted fares.

But the real deal is that you can add stopovers for around $50 each. Which offers some crazy possibilities, ORD-BUD(o)-DEL(o)-ARN(o)-ORD, for example, is $898+. DFW-MAD(o)-DEL(o)-MOW(o)-DFW is $1003. (Yep, Moscow in May is nice!)

There is no minimum stay requirement in DEL; immediate turn-arounds are possible.

This fare appears to be a great way to get a nice multi-stopover European trip for this fall or late spring - and rack up a bunch of miles.

Available on aa.com and other sources.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 8:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LRD
This is definitely OT but I'm going to post it here because it doesn't really fit the MR forum...

Have you noticed the LLRIND DEL fares? The base fare is $848+ from ORD (other origins available for a small premium), and doesn't need to be on the AA non-stops; AF/LH/BA etc are valid carriers on the Europe-DEL segment. AY is also available on the non-stop HEL-DEL, and AY offers full AA mileage credit on their discounted fares.

But the real deal is that you can add stopovers for around $50 each. Which offers some crazy possibilities, ORD-BUD(o)-DEL(o)-ARN(o)-ORD, for example, is $898+. DFW-MAD(o)-DEL(o)-MOW(o)-DFW is $1003. (Yep, Moscow in May is nice!)

There is no minimum stay requirement in DEL; immediate turn-arounds are possible.

This fare appears to be a great way to get a nice multi-stopover European trip for this fall or late spring - and rack up a bunch of miles.

Available on aa.com and other sources.
Very useful fare. (But the HEL-DEL/DEL-HEL "option" is not available until the late fall since AY is not flying that route just yet.)
Old Jun 21, 2006, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Definitely a great find. We just booked ORD-DEL (outbound 8/31, return 9/5 with plenty of C inventory if you want to join us) and would have considered extending it with the LLRIND fares if my parents weren't coming with us. For some reason, they're not into the mileage run thing.

Mike
Old Jun 21, 2006, 10:09 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Just playing around with more examples... Say you want to go to Paris next spring...

A simple ORD-CDG-ORD (AA) for next May is $810+ for 8305 miles.

But, for another $38, you can do ORD-CDG(o)-HEL-DEL(o)-HEL-FCO-ORD, using AA non-stops across the pond and AY for the other segments giving you 18043 miles!! And full EQM and EQPs. And, you can VIP AA42 and AA111.

This, friends, is a steal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.