RewardsNetwork Miles - Dining or Posting Date?

Old Feb 21, 06, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
RewardsNetwork Miles - Dining or Posting Date?

Hey, everyone...

I am sure many of you use AA's RewardNetwork to get mileage for dining at different restaurants. I have a question for you.

Do you get the mileage based on the date that you dine or the date that it posts to your credit card? If it's the latter, it seems unfair that you can dine at a restaurant on a Thursday and it doesn't post to your account until Saturday (which is a day that the restaurant doesn't offer rewards) and then you don't get the mileage.

Have any of you experienced this?
Old Feb 21, 06, 1:47 pm

Its based on the date you dine. Don't worry, if you dine on a qualifying day, you'll get credit. For me it usually posts to DiningRewards in two or three days, and then to AA within another few days. Never had one not post.
Old Feb 21, 06, 2:10 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
When you look online at your AAccount, the date you dined will show as the date the miles were awarded. This is generally within ~ten days of your dine.
Old Feb 21, 06, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Well, for me, it has been 19 days for one dine...but only 7 days for another.

We'll see. I emailed them.

Thanks for the information!
Old Feb 21, 06, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by Mongrel
Well, for me, it has been 19 days for one dine...but only 7 days for another.

We'll see. I emailed them.

Thanks for the information!
I've been having alot of trouble with them lately, it seems. But I've always found their customer service very helpful when things don't post. Call 1-800-479-5981. First they'll double check that it was an eligible dine (based on registered credit cards, dates, etc.) and if it was, they'll probably ask you to fax them a copy of your receipt and/or statement showing the transaction.

But they've helped me out alot on transactions that should have posted but never did.
Old Feb 21, 06, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

This was their reply to one of the missing dines...

In order to attract even more restaurants in our program, The AAdvantage Dining program and AAdvantage Hotel program has added a different category of restaurants that offer rewards for certain times of the day or certain days of the week. These restaurants require that you reserve your reward in advance through your personal profile at www.aa.rewardsnetwork.com or by contacting Member Services from 8 am to 12 midnight ET, 7 days a week at 1 800 479 5981.

Akwa is one of these restaurants that require you reserve your reward in advance. Our system does not show that a reward reservation was made for the visit in question. Unfortunately, no rewards can be extended.
Well, I knew that this restaurant was a restaurant that limited their rewards to certain times of day, but on this particular day the "Dining Details" page said "Rewards All Day." However, because I didn't book it online, apparently I'm screwed out of 5,760 miles, just from that one meal.

Something to be aware of, folks.
Old Feb 21, 06, 6:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Sorry to hear of your not being granted miles, Mongrel. (Sounds like you ate a lot or took the vaunted "Mongrel hordes." )

Usually, those restaurants requiring reservations also show a matrix showing how many booking are available in the offered time slots. This issue may be of greater interest in, and more appropriate to, the iDine forum IMO.

Search this Thread