FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Favorite Mileage Run for 8,000! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/528634-favorite-mileage-run-8-000-a.html)

DrBeeper Feb 20, 2006 6:50 pm

Favorite Mileage Run for 8,000!

With all my planning for 2006 (under scenarios for both United and AA), I will be 8,000 miles short of ExEC PLAT by the end of 2006!

So, I will need a mileage run. In the Nov/Dec period, the flights to LHR generate about 8,000 (although flying over those North Atlantic storms will have me wishing that I had stayed at home).

Does anyone have any good 8,000 mile runs?

No snide remarks about MD80s. I actually like them (except when I get the broken seats). I just want one big run! ;)

JonNYC Feb 20, 2006 7:06 pm

It almost makes you wish there was forum of FT devoted to mileage runs.

kenfry Feb 20, 2006 7:09 pm

See what happens when one wishes @:-)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=372

GUWonder Feb 20, 2006 7:16 pm

If the absolutely lowest cost per EQM is not the key issue, I'd go for EZE and make a mini-holiday out of it. If the absolutely lowest cost per EQM is the goal, the Mileage Run forum is your friend.

MACH81 Feb 20, 2006 7:34 pm

JonNYC and kenfry you made my night!I'm still laughing....

Mateo4321 Feb 20, 2006 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
If the absolutely lowest cost per EQM is not the key issue, I'd go for EZE and make a mini-holiday out of it. If the absolutely lowest cost per EQM is the goal, the Mileage Run forum is your friend.

ahhhh EZE, how do I love thee, let me count the ways... :)

JohnAx Feb 20, 2006 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by DrBeeper
...snip... In the Nov/Dec period, the flights to LHR generate about 8,000 (although flying over those North Atlantic storms will have me wishing that I had stayed at home)....snip...

Heathrow doesn't slide around on the planet seasonally, does it?

SanDiego1K Feb 20, 2006 8:34 pm

We've having a party in London in November. Earn your miles and meet a lot of FTers.

DrBeeper Feb 20, 2006 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by kenfry
See what happens when one wishes @:-)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=372

Whoops!

Glad I never made a mistake like that in trial!

3Cforme Feb 20, 2006 8:45 pm

I did DTW-ORD-LAX-ANC in December to maintain status. There was fresh snowfall in Anchorage and the city was lovely, much better than London in winter if one can tolerate cold...

Hroma Feb 20, 2006 11:46 pm

With all my planning for 2006 (under scenarios for both United and AA), I will be 8,000 miles short of ExEC PLAT by the end of 2006!

So, I will need a mileage run. In the Nov/Dec period, the flights to LHR generate about 8,000 (although flying over those North Atlantic storms will have me wishing that I had stayed at home).

No snide remarks about MD80s. I actually like them (except when I get the broken seats). I just want one big run! ;)

Hi:
For maintain my status I did SJU-JFK_LAX just fot $400 and you get 8144 base miles. By that season SJU still hot...and you can enjoy the caribbean....

IceTrojan Feb 21, 2006 4:08 am

How come no one has said, "Isn't it too early to be thinking about year-end runs?"

mvoight Feb 21, 2006 4:53 am

Why wait until Nov/Dec
Go grab some miles in the DFW/DAL promotion
6 roundtrips, 60000 bonus miles, 6000 BIS miles, 6000 Plat bonus miles, 3000 Booking miles, 2.4 upgrades (60 percent of 10K)
12 segments. (A few weekends like that and you can be EP in no time :) )

ricktoronto Feb 21, 2006 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Hroma
Hi:
For maintain my status I did SJU-JFK_LAX just fot $400 and you get 8144 base miles. By that season SJU still hot...and you can enjoy the caribbean....

Note since he appears to be near Washington DC, a MR starting in San Juan may not be practical. Frankly he can figure out 4,000 miles each way (or less in Y, B, J or F) and where he'd like to go if even for a bit of a day himself without random choices.

stx00820 Feb 21, 2006 6:49 am

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Note since he appears to be near Washington DC, a MR starting in San Juan may not be practical. Frankly he can figure out 4,000 miles each way (or less in Y, B, J or F) and where he'd like to go if even for a bit of a day himself without random choices.

I believe you are thinking Arlington, VA. The OP is from Upper Arlington, OH which is part of Columbus.