Favorite Mileage Run for 8,000!

Old Feb 21, 2006, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by stx00820
I believe you are thinking Arlington, VA. The OP is from Upper Arlington, OH which is part of Columbus.
That is correct. I live in E145/MD80 City, so I have to connect through ORD or DFW for most trips. Oh, I can connect through Lambert in St Louis as well.

My mileage run was solved! I have to go to TLV, so its AA to LHR and BA to TLV.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 7:40 am

Congrats on getting enough to make EXP. If you need a shorter run, go to New Hampshire.

http://nhga.memfirstweb.net/club/scr...2653&NS=PUBLIC
Old Feb 21, 2006, 7:57 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I believe you are thinking Arlington, VA. The OP is from Upper Arlington, OH which is part of Columbus.
From that Arlington to the other would be quite a drive -- if trying to catch a flight on short notice.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
From that Arlington to the other would be quite a drive -- if trying to catch a flight on short notice.
My dream is a domestic mileage run in the US that is NOT on an EMB145 or MD80. Well, there is the very occassional 757 "Slave Ship."

My cousin is a pilot for AA (flies the BOSTON-SEATTLE run). He just got certified on the 757 (after flying the 737 for years) and loves the performance of the 757. I said the passengers may have a different perspective. He laughed and said that the FAs refer to the 757 as the "Slave Ship" as well. Apparently, no one likes it other than the pilots.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 8:18 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by DrBeeper
My cousin is a pilot for AA (flies the BOSTON-SEATTLE run).
I don't think so.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
I don't think so.
I looked on AA's website and I don't see any nonstop flights. I am sure that he is an AA pilot - perhaps he flies to ORD then changes to another aircraft for the SEATAC segment.

At least, I am guessing that is what you meant. But bear in mind that I didn't notice that there was a Mileage Run section on this site, so I am very likely incorrect.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:29 am
Suspended

Didn't AA have a BOS-SEA flight a couple of years ago?
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:31 am

Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold
I believe there are 3 flights that AA lists as BOS-SEA "direct" flights. Two that go through ORD, 1 that goes through DFW. Or maybe the other way around. But yes, the nonstop was canned last year.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:31 am
Suspended

Seems to have been gone for about a year. Understandable. http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...EA#post3627354
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by acf573
I believe there are 3 flights that AA lists as BOS-SEA "direct" flights. Two that go through ORD, 1 that goes through DFW. Or maybe the other way around. But yes, the nonstop was canned last year.
Ah! He used to fly the BOS-SEA direct in a 737 (so he says - never did it myslelf). I ate dinner with him in January and he mentioned the 757 training, but didn't divulge the route. I just assumed it was the same. Nice communication skills!
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:51 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Good point and he should have said MR FROM where to begin with. I knew it was not SJU however, one way to LAX.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL Gld, AA MM
Yep, no worries. And agree with you that he will have to decide what's best for him. It is tough for anyone to offer advice if we are not flying out of the same airport, i.e., what may be an 8k trip for me may only be a 6.5k MR for him.

One tool I will strongly recommend to the OP if he doesn't know about it already is Flying Fish. Only been using it a few months now (since joining FT), but have found it immensely helpful in picking out routes. Download it to your laptop and you don't even have to worry about having an internet connection to use at the airport. ^

http://flyingfish.oscarfish.com/
Old Feb 21, 2006, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
My dream is a domestic mileage run in the US that is NOT on an EMB145 or MD80. Well, there is the very occassional 757 "Slave Ship."
Keep an eye out for decent fares ORD-HNL or ORD-OGG. Best time to look would be in the spring or fall. Maybe stay a few days for a mini-holiday instead of doing a turnaround. 767 service.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
But bear in mind that I didn't notice that there was a Mileage Run section on this site, so I am very likely incorrect.
Really?a member since 2002 with over 400 posts and you didn't know that there was a MR forum?oh mine!not a curious guy!
Old Feb 26, 2006, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA - Executive Platinum HHonors - Diamond
Originally Posted by mvoight
Why wait until Nov/Dec
Go grab some miles in the DFW/DAL promotion
6 roundtrips, 60000 bonus miles, 6000 BIS miles, 6000 Plat bonus miles, 3000 Booking miles, 2.4 upgrades (60 percent of 10K)
12 segments. (A few weekends like that and you can be EP in no time )
Stupid newbie question - I'm based out of DCA/IAD - what's the best way to take advantage of this? Can I add a loop in another trip through DFW?

[EDIT] D'oh!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...4&page=1&pp=15

Last edited by Philoj; Feb 26, 2006 at 9:45 pm Reason: Answering my own question

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.