AA schedule change

Old Feb 20, 06, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
AA schedule change

Yes, I've searched this forum and aa.com, but can anybody tell me where I can find details of change fee regulations when AA change my schedule.

I know there has been disputes in the past of what actualy comprises a timing change, but I would like to see the exact wording before I make my comments to AA customer services.

Many Thanks
Old Feb 20, 06, 10:05 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Originally Posted by KentownFlorida
Yes, I've searched this forum and aa.com, but can anybody tell me where I can find details of change fee regulations when AA change my schedule.

I know there has been disputes in the past of what actualy comprises a timing change, but I would like to see the exact wording before I make my comments to AA customer services.

Many Thanks
I think the concensus is that there is no "exact wording" anywhwere, hence the different results. The general rule seems to be that things that have major changes to connections will allow free modifications. Sometimes, even a 15 minute change has worked. It's all about calling ans trying.

Cheers.
Old Feb 20, 06, 10:22 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
AA Conditions of Carriage is the defining document with regard to what they are held to. The only thing I could find with regard to schedule changes is below:

RESPONSIBILITY FOR SCHEDULES AND OPERATIONS

American will endeavor to carry you and your baggage with reasonable dispatch, but times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. American may, without notice, substitute alternate carriers or aircraft and, if necessary, may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket. Schedules are subject to change without notice. American is not responsible for or liable for failure to make connections, or to operate any flight according to schedule, or for a change to the schedule of any flight. Under no circumstances shall American be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages arising from the foregoing.
With regard to answering your specific question, I do not believe there are any written specific rules with regard to change fees when AA makes schedule changes. Obviously they do not charge you a fee when they make the change. I assume what you are asking is that if, after they make a change, you want to change your flights to another itinerary would they charge you a fee. From my experience they are usually pretty accommodating in this regard if the change is substantial and as long as the other itinerary is in or near the same time frame. If you wanted to change to the evening before or the following morning then that would probably result in a change fee as you are changing the date of travel. It all depends on the extent of the change. Since you have not provided any specifics with regard to your circumstances it is difficult for us to give you any advice. Then again, perhaps you didn't provide details because you already knew your request was unreasonable and the answer you would receive from us was not the answer you wanted to hear. In my experience, I have found AA to be very accommodating when schedules change. If your request is reasonable, then perhaps you should try the FT mantra and call back and speak with someone else.
Old Feb 20, 06, 10:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
I had a schedule change of about 10 minutes once and I saw an opportunity to jump on a later flight, which I wanted originally, but it priced out higher. It cut my connection to London by about 2.5 hours. It wasn't a problem. In fact I also received an apology for the inconvinience (it wasn't necessary ), but I agree with aaupgrade, you can't change your itn to a different day or jump over the same day available flights just because of schedule change. Let's say your 8am was changed to 7:45 am, but there are 9, 10, 11 am flights available. You will have a hard time convincing the agent to put you on the 11 am flight, but the 9 should be no problem, as long as there is availibility.
Old Feb 21, 06, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just discovered a schedule change on AA.com for an itinerary in May. (Gee, thanks for proactively notifying me AA! ) Was on last flight out at 7pm, which was moved earlier by about 90 minutes. So I'll be wanting to switch to the flight the next morning, which I presume AA will allow. I'll post if there are any problems.
Old Feb 21, 06, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat/4MM, AS Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I just discovered a schedule change on AA.com for an itinerary in May. (Gee, thanks for proactively notifying me AA! ) Was on last flight out at 7pm, which was moved earlier by about 90 minutes. So I'll be wanting to switch to the flight the next morning, which I presume AA will allow. I'll post if there are any problems.
I've had this happen a number of times (especially last fall a lot flying BOs-LAX-SBA) where the last LAX-SBA of the day was moved earlier so I couldn't make my connection and they very willingly put me on the earlier BOS-LAX and LAX-SBA flights.
Old Feb 22, 06, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Just to confirm, no problems, switched to the flight the next day without hassle. I'm sure this has been covered here somewhere before, but the new flight segment had to be booked in "V", earning 1.0 EQP/M despite the original ticket being in Q (0.5 EQP/M), since V was the lowest available fare. (Maybe I should have waited until only Y/B was available to rebook? )

Search this Thread