Can I use FF miles LAX_RNO?

 
Old Feb 18, 06, 10:11 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 192
Can I use FF miles LAX_RNO?

I'm trying to book a multi leg flight on mileage. Website is saying no flight from LAX-Rno or RNO-LAS...if I go on paying fare there are fares. Are there no FF flight from LAX-RNO or RNO-LAS. I'm looking for 12/06 so I would think there would be at least 1 seat.
lkohawaii is offline  
Old Feb 18, 06, 10:31 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: STL
Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 12,963
Originally Posted by lkohawaii
I'm trying to book a multi leg flight on mileage. Website is saying no flight from LAX-Rno or RNO-LAS...if I go on paying fare there are fares. Are there no FF flight from LAX-RNO or RNO-LAS. I'm looking for 12/06 so I would think there would be at least 1 seat.
I would call to find out what is up. Much less trouble than trying to figure out what is up with AA.com.

Be prepared. Many here will think you have sanity issues for wanting to use award miles on a pretty inexpensive ticket.
gemac is offline  
Old Feb 18, 06, 11:02 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: STL
Programs: AA GLD 1.3MM, WN A+/CP, HH DIA, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz 5*
Posts: 381
OP, it looks like you asked pretty much the exact same question 3 weeks ago
elron938 is offline  
Old Feb 19, 06, 12:38 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 192
Originally Posted by gemac
I would call to find out what is up. Much less trouble than trying to figure out what is up with AA.com.

Be prepared. Many here will think you have sanity issues for wanting to use award miles on a pretty inexpensive ticket.
Thanks I'll call. I'm trying to do a multi leg trip so I actually this is only one part of the many that I need. I'm supposed to call AA miles and have them put my whole itinarary on hold and then book online. Am trying to look for flight so that when I do call it'll be as smooth as I can make it.
lkohawaii is offline  
Old Feb 19, 06, 12:48 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 192
Originally Posted by elron938
OP, it looks like you asked pretty much the exact same question 3 weeks ago
Sorry, I got busy at work and this totally slipped my mind. Many times I "lose" threads. I figured out how to do an advance search and find my posts. I have been trying to figure out how to do a AA forum search for awhile.

Went back and read the 3 week old thread and it looks like you're right gemac I need to call AA. Whether or not I will have to pay a phone charge is yet to be seen.
lkohawaii is offline  
Old Feb 20, 06, 12:44 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SNA
Programs: AAdvantage Gold, AS Mileage Plan, SPG Gold
Posts: 343
Lightbulb Horizon

The LAX to RNO and back is a Horizon Airlines codeshare out of terminal 3. That may be why it doesn't come up.

Steve
stevechin is offline  
Old Feb 20, 06, 12:50 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 7,368
Originally Posted by stevechin
The LAX to RNO and back is a Horizon Airlines codeshare out of terminal 3. That may be why it doesn't come up.
That is exactly the reason why it doesn't come up - the other thread the OP started on this same topic mentions this, and the necessity to call AA to book LAX-RNO as a partner award.

That said, at under $200 all-in, I'd still buy the ticket over using 25k miles.

Mike
nako is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread