FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Can I use FF miles LAX_RNO? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/528017-can-i-use-ff-miles-lax_rno.html)

lkohawaii Feb 18, 2006 9:11 pm

Can I use FF miles LAX_RNO?

I'm trying to book a multi leg flight on mileage. Website is saying no flight from LAX-Rno or RNO-LAS...if I go on paying fare there are fares. Are there no FF flight from LAX-RNO or RNO-LAS. I'm looking for 12/06 so I would think there would be at least 1 seat.

gemac Feb 18, 2006 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by lkohawaii
I'm trying to book a multi leg flight on mileage. Website is saying no flight from LAX-Rno or RNO-LAS...if I go on paying fare there are fares. Are there no FF flight from LAX-RNO or RNO-LAS. I'm looking for 12/06 so I would think there would be at least 1 seat.

I would call to find out what is up. Much less trouble than trying to figure out what is up with AA.com.

Be prepared. Many here will think you have sanity issues for wanting to use award miles on a pretty inexpensive ticket.

elron938 Feb 18, 2006 10:02 pm

OP, it looks like you asked pretty much the exact same question 3 weeks ago :confused:

lkohawaii Feb 18, 2006 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by gemac
I would call to find out what is up. Much less trouble than trying to figure out what is up with AA.com.

Be prepared. Many here will think you have sanity issues for wanting to use award miles on a pretty inexpensive ticket.

Thanks I'll call. I'm trying to do a multi leg trip so I actually this is only one part of the many that I need. I'm supposed to call AA miles and have them put my whole itinarary on hold and then book online. Am trying to look for flight so that when I do call it'll be as smooth as I can make it.

lkohawaii Feb 18, 2006 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by elron938
OP, it looks like you asked pretty much the exact same question 3 weeks ago :confused:

Sorry, I got busy at work and this totally slipped my mind. Many times I "lose" threads. I figured out how to do an advance search and find my posts. I have been trying to figure out how to do a AA forum search for awhile.

Went back and read the 3 week old thread and it looks like you're right gemac I need to call AA. Whether or not I will have to pay a phone charge is yet to be seen.

stevechin Feb 20, 2006 11:44 am

Horizon

The LAX to RNO and back is a Horizon Airlines codeshare out of terminal 3. That may be why it doesn't come up.

Steve :)

nako Feb 20, 2006 11:50 am

Originally Posted by stevechin
The LAX to RNO and back is a Horizon Airlines codeshare out of terminal 3. That may be why it doesn't come up.

That is exactly the reason why it doesn't come up - the other thread the OP started on this same topic mentions this, and the necessity to call AA to book LAX-RNO as a partner award.

That said, at under $200 all-in, I'd still buy the ticket over using 25k miles.

Mike