Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Does the AA website list the on time %'s for a particular flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2006, 4:57 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

I am trying to plan an itinerary and what to know the history of a particular flight for its on-time depatures/arrivals.....does the AA website list these statistics anywhere on it's site?
Old Feb 18, 2006, 5:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Using the straight in aa.com booking, I don't think so - though if you posted which flight you were looking at, someone here might be able to come up with the on-time percentage.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
Using the straight in aa.com booking, I don't think so - though if you posted which flight you were looking at, someone here might be able to come up with the on-time percentage.
DFW to SEA

either

1661 or 1587

Thanks....
Old Feb 18, 2006, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Planning for 2008 already, david4455?
Old Feb 18, 2006, 7:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
AA's first three flights on that run feature a blazing 60 - 69% on time rate. All the others vary within the envelope shown by your two proposed flights.

AA 1661 - 40 - 49%

AA 1587 - 50 - 59%

courtesy of OAG.

Not brilliant!
Old Feb 18, 2006, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
They used to post it on AA.com, but no longer do. If you do a booking on Expedia (and perhaps the other online agencies as well, but I'm not sure), they post the ontime percentages. All airlines are required to tell you the on time percentage of a particular flight if you request it. Just call and ask if you really want to know. However, new flight numbers will not have the on time information for a certain period of time. Can't remember what it is.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
I recommend looking up your flight of interest on flightaware.com. If you register for the site (which is free) you can look back about three months for any given flight -- it will give you the exact time the flight went airborne and exact time it landed. Much more accurate than anything an airline will give you. (If you don't register, I think you can only look back one month.)
Old Feb 19, 2006, 1:32 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by flyastrojets
They used to post it on AA.com, but no longer do.
When did that feature disappear? I swear it was there not too long ago. (Though it darn sure wasn't when I looked earlier this evening.)
Old Feb 19, 2006, 6:34 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
When did that feature disappear? I swear it was there not too long ago. (Though it darn sure wasn't when I looked earlier this evening.)
I'm not sure. Like you, I remember it being there not too long ago...but it sure isn't now.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by vasantn
Planning for 2008 already, david4455?
actually this is a tight one for me....September 2006
Old Feb 19, 2006, 9:03 am

Programs: AA gold MM, HH gold, SPG gold,
I believe they stopped showing the on-time arrival % on the last re-vamp of the site, when they began to show the booking fare class--We regularly travel on a flight out of JFK that had a 30% record--I wouldn't want to post that if I didn't have to either!
Old Feb 19, 2006, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by belleNY
I believe they stopped showing the on-time arrival % on the last re-vamp of the site, when they began to show the booking fare class--We regularly travel on a flight out of JFK that had a 30% record--I wouldn't want to post that if I didn't have to either!
30%?!
And I thought that some of the OKC flights with 50-60% records were bad.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
30%?!
And I thought that some of the OKC flights with 50-60% records were bad.
How sensitive are those numbers? What margin is given to the flight before it is considered late? It seems like consitently a few minutes late (early?) would have a big impact on the numbers but not effect connections much at all.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
IIRC the rule is more than 15 minutes late is considered "late."

The percentages are pretty meaningless, though. Airlines can--and do--set the scheduled time to anything they want, in order to make the on-time arrival rate look better when they need to. To me, a much more interesting metric would be on-time departure percentage. It's much harder to fake that one.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by justageek
I recommend looking up your flight of interest on flightaware.com. If you register for the site (which is free) you can look back about three months for any given flight -- it will give you the exact time the flight went airborne and exact time it landed. Much more accurate than anything an airline will give you. (If you don't register, I think you can only look back one month.)
I tried this for an AA flight to Europe (AA 62 MIA-CDG). It did not work. Still, flightaware is a nice website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.