Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

How many citi cards can I have simultaneously and still get the bonus

How many citi cards can I have simultaneously and still get the bonus

Old Mar 13, 2006, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, OW Sapphire, QF Bronze, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold; National Emerald
I got my new Citi platinum AAdvantage MC card right at the end of last month, and have been using that to good effect. (and just got my Starwood AmEx, as that is the only CC that Costco takes).

Now I just got in the mail a paper application to get a Citi Gold AAdvantage MC that obviously came due to my FF account, as it has my AAdvantage number and "member since" date correct, offering me 15,000 miles if I apply before April 30.

The application says that if I am an existing Citi/AAdvantage cardmember, I am not eligible for this offer on my existing account.

The plain English of that means that I can't get another 15,000 miles on the card I already have, but does not exclude getting a second account.

Would it help if I got the second account with my middle initial added to the name, to make it less obvious? Or drop the platinum account in April and apply for the gold to get the second bonus? I probably won't have the 15,000 mile bonus yet from the platinum use by that time, so I will have to hope they continue the paperwork for that while putting in the paperwork for the second one.

My previous plan was to ride the platinum for most of a year, than apply for the business version with my dad's business info (with his permission, of course--I have my Costco business membership the same way). Though someone posted that the business has to gross $15k? My dad runs it just to have it pay for his photography hobby, not to make money (just the minimum to keep the IRS satisfied, but not enough to pay any more into Social Security).

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve
Old Mar 15, 2006, 6:30 pm

Invited today to apply for a second CITI card

Received via email today:

To: (ME)

Dear (ME), AAdvantage Gold(R) Member

You have already experienced the benefits of the CitiBusiness / AAdvantage card for your business expenses, why not earn miles for your personal purchases as well? Apply now and pay no annual fee for the first 12 months2 with the Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage World MasterCard. You'll also earn 15,000 AAdvantage bonus miles after your first purchase1 - that's over half way to your next AAdvantage vacation experience!3

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.