Is something going on in the system tonight (2/16)?

Old Feb 17, 06, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Is something going on in the system tonight (2/16)?

Just wondering if anyone knows if something is causing a bunch of delays in the system tonight, or I am seeing isolated issues that just happen to effect me?

I am scheduled on LAS-ORD tonight from 11:30pm PST to 5:00am CST. Three hours before the flight time, it is already showing 1 hour late. The earlier LAS-ORD flight took out 3 hours late, so I don't have high hopes for my 11:30pm flight. Other AA flights inbound to LAS are showing late from DFW, thus also effecting their respective outbounds.

The gate agent led me to believe it is weather at ORD. But when I check the FAA site, it shows <15 minute delays and no destination specific issues.

Anyone have a clue?
Old Feb 17, 06, 12:17 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Weather.com is showing ORD as "medium" for on their "Morning Airport Impact Map" although I have no idea if that's the issue. I do know that a MAJOR front is passing southward throught the middle of the country. Winds are very high, and I wouldn't be surprised if flights are delayed because of that.
Old Feb 17, 06, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nddomer04
Weather.com is showing ORD as "medium" for on their "Morning Airport Impact Map" although I have no idea if that's the issue. I do know that a MAJOR front is passing southward throught the middle of the country. Winds are very high, and I wouldn't be surprised if flights are delayed because of that.
But wouldn't the FAA site show delays then?
Old Feb 17, 06, 12:53 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
I FOUND SOME INFO....I don't know the exact reason, but this link clearly shows the delays at LAS.

Looks like 50% of flights leaving LAS are "Very Late" and about 55% of departing flights are "Very Late." Only about 20-25% are on-time.

Link to LAS

http://flightview.com/TravelTools/Vi...sp?airport=LAS

Link to ORD: (virtually everything is late there)

http://flightview.com/TravelTools/Vi...sp?airport=ORD
Old Feb 17, 06, 12:57 am

What's odd is that under the image, the FAA Status is showing "normal" when the graphic clearly shows major delays. I wish I could tell you exactly what the problem is....
Old Feb 17, 06, 12:58 am
TTT

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jeffcarp
But wouldn't the FAA site show delays then?
ORD was showing arrivial delays of an average of 3h57m this afternoon. It could just be residual delays as a result of that. There are probably a lot of ac that are not where they are supposed to be, so its a matter of getting them back in the right place.
Old Feb 17, 06, 1:02 am

There were delays all day in ORD today for weather. Whenever there are delays, the system gets behind schedule. Your aircraft might have hypothetically started in New York, been delayed there going to ORD, causing it to be delayed going to LAS, which is causing your delay. Just because there are no specific airport delays at the moment does not mean that delays previous in the day have no affect on your flight.

Search this Thread