You think AA is bad now?

Old Feb 16, 06, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
You think AA is bad now?

I've been flying for quite a while. I don't have a high level of expectation of an airline to go out of its way for me.

The last few weeks have been beyond incredible. Also 2 weeks ago I had family member fall mortally ill. I called in to the EXP desk to reschedule a flight I had for that morning so I could say goodbye. I was advised to just miss it and do a confirmed standby. One thing led to another, and I missed the last flight of the day. Another call to the EXP desk, which I thought would end up with me buying another ticket, ended with a free P seat to my destination and reinstatement of my entire intenerary.

Last Saturday, flying from SFO to LHR via JFK, my Discount economy seat VIPs to C and then gets an OPUP to F even though J still had seats on my new ORD flight. It was "for my trouble".

Today, I try to reschedule a TPA-DCA-TPA trip for this Fri - Mon so I can be in SAT for the funeral. I get the same EXP agent (Kevin) and he tries to help me find a fare. I had planned on taking the train from DCA to New York for a meeting Sunday. The funeral is Monday. So I was trying to buy a ticket TPA-DCA / JFK-SAT and then SAT-ATL because I had a DL reservation TPA-ATL for monday night. Get this. AA + Amtrak + DL causes all this confusion and this guy changed my routing on a Q fare for $100!!!!

Way to go AA.
Old Feb 16, 06, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat / HH Diamond
Nice to hear the good stuff every once in a while.

Our condolences regarding your family member.
Old Feb 17, 06, 12:07 am

Programs: AA 2MM,Marriott, Hilton
Sorry to hear your loss. Great to hear AA was helpful.
Old Feb 17, 06, 12:20 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
This is how to keep high-value clients.
Old Feb 17, 06, 12:20 am

Sorry to hear such thing happened.

I guess AA does good things when you least expect it.
Old Feb 17, 06, 12:24 am

Programs: AA (what is EXP?), UA 1P, IC free mini bar club, SPG GLD
For sure... I called and AA EXP desk bend over backwards to get my tickets res-issued per my error. (now you PLT .. I was just joking ;-)

Best,
Ken
Old Feb 17, 06, 7:18 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
The title of the post sounds quite negative vs. the content of the original post.
Old Feb 17, 06, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
The title of the post sounds quite negative vs. the content of the original post.
I'm completely puzzled by that as well.

Search this Thread