FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   MIA-AUA Upgrade Experience? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/526550-mia-aua-upgrade-experience.html)

jaynyc Feb 14, 2006 5:23 pm

MIA-AUA Upgrade Experience?

I am going MIA-AUA in less than 72 hours. No upgrade yet (not that I expected it). EF shows 7 J seats available. Anyone have any experience with upgrades on this route? Just wondering if this is one of those flights that they don't release the seats until you get to the airport.

JDiver Feb 14, 2006 5:38 pm

In my experience, they are hoping for Mr and Ms Bigbux to walk up and buy J seats. When they don't... Keep your eye on the situation, and possibly call as suggested in other threads. Good luck!

jaynyc Feb 15, 2006 10:04 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
they are hoping for Mr and Ms Bigbux to walk up and buy J seats.

Mr and Ms Bigbux are sure taking their sweet time making up their minds! Now 48 hours out and still 7 J's. I think AA likes to make their elite members sweat a little bit ;)

bdesmond Feb 15, 2006 1:26 pm

My dad used to fly this route multiple times a month, mixed in with SJU-AUA as well. I seem to remember him commenting about his upgrades clearing before he would leave for the airport most of the time...He was a platinum and flew something like 750K miles ORD-AUA and a few other islands for years.

BenjaminNYC Feb 15, 2006 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
In my experience, they are hoping for Mr and Ms Bigbux to walk up and buy J seats. When they don't... Keep your eye on the situation, and possibly call as suggested in other threads. Good luck!

You mean Mr. & Lady Diver?

Governator Feb 15, 2006 1:52 pm

I've no experience with this route, but if you look at the patterns of recent seat releases, it may help. For example, for the evening flight today, AA 1331 now shows C7 J7, while both flights tomorrow still are C0 J7. That suggests they do release them the day of flight.

JDiver Feb 15, 2006 3:14 pm

Sometimes - AUA is a connecting point for BON for those who do not like longish Eagle rides. But not JDiver and Lady JDiver - better to go to SVD for the diving. ;)

Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
You mean Mr. & Lady Diver?

jaynyc Feb 15, 2006 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Governator
I've no experience with this route, but if you look at the patterns of recent seat releases, it may help. For example, for the evening flight today, AA 1331 now shows C7 J7, while both flights tomorrow still are C0 J7. That suggests they do release them the day of flight.

Thanks. That's a big help. ^

Where are you seeing the C seats? Are you using EF?

jaynyc Feb 22, 2006 1:17 pm

I was upgraded within 3 hours of the flight. Mrs. Jaynyc was not as lucky (she is not elite but I had included her). Now I am 72 hours out of the return AUA-MIA. Nothing yet. No shock. EF has J4 D3 I0 Y7 B7 H7 K4 M0 G0 V0 W0 L0 S0 Q0 N0 O0

It also shows 10 assigned seats. 12 unassigned seats. Do they really think Mr. and Mrs. BigBux will decide at the last minute to fly FROM AUA? Now to sit tight and wait until I actually get to the airport on Saturday. :rolleyes: