Wiki Posts
Search

March 1st Mileage Reset Question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2006, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by chrisw
Flailey, on that call were you talking to reservations (plat desk) or AAdvantage customer service? I believe for partial-credit for stickers you need to call AAdvantge, and I don't believe that AAdvantage customer service can book reservations.

post #10
Old Feb 15, 2006, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: All of 'em
Flailey, on that call were you talking to reservations (plat desk) or AAdvantage customer service? I believe for partial-credit for stickers you need to call AAdvantge, and I don't believe that AAdvantage customer service can book reservations.
I was transferred to an AAdvantage CSR twice. One said something like "we never make exceptions on this" or similar after appearing to go talk to a supervisor. Very odd.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by andrzej
post #10
Yes, andrzej, I did see post #10. I now understand from Flailey's post #17 that he was transferred to the AAdvantage CSR. However, the way I interpreted post #14 is that the CSR whom he asked about partial sticker credit had some knowledge that he had just booked thousands of dollars of travel. (Giving Flailey the benefit of the doubt that he didn't say something silly like "Hi, AAdvantage CSR, I just dropped 3k with your airline, now please give me some stickers" ).
Old Feb 16, 2006, 9:17 am
Suspended

Programs: All of 'em
Yes, andrzej, I did see post #10. I now understand from Flailey's post #17 that he was transferred to the AAdvantage CSR. However, the way I interpreted post #14 is that the CSR whom he asked about partial sticker credit had some knowledge that he had just booked thousands of dollars of travel. (Giving Flailey the benefit of the doubt that he didn't say something silly like "Hi, AAdvantage CSR, I just dropped 3k with your airline, now please give me some stickers" ).
I dunno, I assumed when you're talking to those guys they can see your record on the screen of what activity you have, ticketed reservations, etc... perhaps I'm mistaken.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 9:23 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Sometimes it's so hard...other times it's so easy.

Flew BOS-DFW-SFO due to Boston Blizzard Reroute. The upgrade stickers for my fiancee came, improperly, from my account. We both called...take them from her, put mine back. Took from her, mine hadn't appeared. Called again. Now, I got two sets back...the three I was supposed to get, plus 3 more. Sometimes just the luck of the draw...when you least expect it.

Cheers.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 12:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Wouldn't it be better to call AFTER March 1 for the partial sticker credit?

Better yet, get the brp luck on your side...
Old Feb 22, 2006, 8:05 am

Programs: AAdvantage: PLAT (300K lifetime and counting)
Woohoo!!! I called this morning and got 2 stickers for my 5448 miles with no hassle. These are my first ones ever. I'm loving FT.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 8:23 am

I called the AAdvantage Customer Desk a few days ago to inquire about partial upgrade credit on a “prorated” basis, but the maximum they allow is 2 stickers; even though my Miles Towards Gold/Platinum/Executive Platinum Upgrades is at 57,562. The agent was nice and tried getting me 3 but he said they could give out two “complimentary” upgrades. He also mentioned how seemingly difficult it was to even input the two complimentary sticker upgrades into my account. He placed me on hold for a few minutes, came back, and the stickers were posted to my account instantaneously. Thanks AA!

Cheers,
Robert
Old Feb 22, 2006, 8:47 am

Programs: AAdvantage: PLAT (300K lifetime and counting)
Dang it, then, I'm getting worried now. Mine didn't post immediately. Does it sometimes take awhile?
Old Feb 22, 2006, 10:05 am
Original Member

Hmm, they told me that I had to call after March 1st, after the counter reset to get partial stickers...
Old Feb 22, 2006, 10:21 am

Programs: AA1MM EXP,HH SIL,Hertz 5 stars,ACmember
Originally Posted by g33kgrl
Dang it, then, I'm getting worried now. Mine didn't post immediately. Does it sometimes take awhile?
It takes like two days or less... ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.