Wiki Posts
Search

New MIA Terminal D Admirals Club Issues

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2006, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, Hyatt
New MIA Terminal D Admirals Club Issues

I'm not a whiner - check my posts - but based on several visits this month the new MIA Terminal D Admirals Club needs to fine tune some items.

I can NEVER find a newspaper there, even on 9 am arrivals.

There are a good number of computers available, but they are always painfully S-L-O-W on the internet so they are really not useful. AA, please clean out the browser cache regularly, or do whatever the tech gurus prescribe to fix the problem.

Tonight 2 of the 3 (brand new) elevators were not working.

AA, we know you're lurking - please try to fix this stuff.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA 5MM EXP, UA 2MM 1K, HH LT DIA, MR Plat, NRAC EEV, AMEX Plat
Someone has also stolen the printer cable on the 'public' printer, and the printers that are connected to the 'public' PCs have been out of toner for the last 3 weeks.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 10:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by bobovespa
I can NEVER find a newspaper there, even on 9 am arrivals.
I've seen people looking for newspapers at JFK the last two weeks, and one of the attendants told me people are walking off with them, as they are placed out in the morning. Not sure how to solve that problem.

The computer problem is an easier issue to solve:

Members using American Airlines' Admirals Club facilities may soon find access to computing resources easier after the airline on Thursday revealed an alliance with Lenovo that will bring PCs, notebooks, and printers into each of the airport lounges.

Beginning this quarter, American plans to begin installing computer equipment in each of its 43 Admirals Clubs worldwide. Each club will receive a minimum of four PCs, two notebooks, and two printers. In total, Lenovo is expected to provide 206 ThinkCentre desktops, 206 ThinkVision 17-inch flat-panel displays, 43 ThinkPad X41 notebooks, 43 ThinkPad z-Series wide-screen notebooks, and 113 IBM printers.

story link here
Old Feb 1, 2006, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP;*Wood PLT; HH Diamond
Beginning this quarter, American plans to begin installing computer equipment in each of its 43 Admirals Clubs worldwide. Each club will receive a minimum of four PCs, two notebooks, and two printers. In total, Lenovo is expected to provide 206 ThinkCentre desktops, 206 ThinkVision 17-inch flat-panel displays, 43 ThinkPad X41 notebooks, 43 ThinkPad z-Series wide-screen notebooks, and 113 IBM printers

^ Great news! Thanks for the heads up!

BTW - I have never encountered a problem finding a newspaper at either MIA AC. YMMV!

T

Last edited by stuartfla; Feb 1, 2006 at 10:25 pm
Old Feb 1, 2006, 10:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by tom911
I've seen people looking for newspapers at JFK the last two weeks, and one of the attendants told me people are walking off with them

To be honest, I'm sometimes one of those people. I really thought the clubs ordered/were donated enough copies for members to take. It was always the case when I was a Presidents Club & HP Club member that they were obviously for members use either in the club or onboard the aircraft.

Now, magazines on the other hand were/are always strictly for club reading.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RChavez
Now, magazines on the other hand were/are always strictly for club reading.
Not for me; I often enter an AC with a newspaper or two and leave them on the newspaper rack after I finish with them, but I have no problem taking a copy of American Way with me, especially if it is an older issue I missed.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
JFK has a problem with connections, you can't open an email in less than 20 minutes.

LAX is great.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 9:45 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
One can bring a laptop and use wireless, sort of provide for yourself vs. expecting others to do it for you.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 9:48 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
One can bring a laptop and use wireless, sort of provide for yourself vs. expecting others to do it for you.
While I agree with this, often do it, and have a t-mobile account, some would argue (and have argued) that the PCs there provide gratis internet access while the wireless is a paid service.

Cheers.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 1:11 pm
Suspended

I guess my obviously good luck has worked again
I passed through the MIA D club this morning and am currently there now.
Only one elevator was out and there were lots of newspapers there least
USA Today, NYT, Miami Herald (English and Spanish), Wall StreeT J .
Perhaps somebody got up early this morning and read FT and decided the rectify the matter.

In addition at least one of the great little expresso machines are working and good selection of Danish.
mike
Old Feb 2, 2006, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Yes, one can. Except that is something we would have to pay for. OTTH, there are those of us who already pay dues to the AC for several amenities, one of which is access to a PC with a reasonablly speedy connection, printers that work and keyboards with readable letters on the keys.

I don't look at PC access in the AC as some nice perk AA is doing me a favor by letting me have. They advertise it as one of the inducements to join the AC and I paid my dues partly in repsonse to this feature. They should make sure the PCs, the printers and the connections all work - short of vandalism - with the same deligence as making sure the coffee pot and the soap dispensers in the lavs are full.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
In a club with capacity of 200-300 people they won't ever have enough computers and thus self-reliance guarantees what one needs. You pay for them to have maybe 6 or 8 and if demand exceeds supply then it still isn't meeting your needs.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
In a club with capacity of 200-300 people they won't ever have enough computers and thus self-reliance guarantees what one needs. You pay for them to have maybe 6 or 8 and if demand exceeds supply then it still isn't meeting your needs.
You're right except my issue is not with supply and demand. I'm willing to wait when it's necessary or go without. But when I sit down at their PC I expect to be able to read the keyboard, have a document print when I press the "Print" icon and not have to wait for a response from the website as if I were on a dial-up line.

I'm sure no one would like it if they pushed the tap on the coffee urn and it just dribbled out or nothing coming out at all.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 5:22 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by inlanikai

I'm sure no one would like it if they pushed the tap on the coffee urn and it just dribbled out or nothing coming out at all.
Ok, that's not funny. I can wait for my internet...but not my coffee...Addicted, of course not...I just like it.

Agree with your points, though. While they may only have a limited number of these resources...they should work!

Cheers.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 6:37 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Don't know about MIA (they laughed today when I asked for a USA Today to take along), but at PHL the papers have the "compliments of Admiral's Club" stickers on them.

Sounds like an AC management issue to me. As a side note, I prefer the E club to the D club at MIA. The ladies there are much, much nicer especially at the bar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.