Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I get mileage for flying Air Sahara ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2006, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz Presidents Club
Can I get mileage for flying Air Sahara ?

Any response would be appreciated.
Thanks and Regards,
GRR_Flier
Old Jan 22, 2006, 8:12 am

A quick review of aa.com before posting would be appreciated as well:
https://www.aa.com/apps/AAdvantage/V...artnersContent
Old Jan 22, 2006, 8:14 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
aa.com has lots of detail on this - I recommend you go there for the entire details on Air Sahara or any other AA partner.

Briefly, you earn minimum 250 miles, on any published (on AA.com) fare class (except business, which has a 25% bonus.) Unless you are flying S2 as an AA codeshare, these will always be redeemable miles, not EQM.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 22, 2006 at 9:01 am Reason: fix
Old Jan 22, 2006, 8:15 am

Programs: AA UA DL
Originally Posted by GRR_Flier
Any response would be appreciated.
Thanks and Regards,
GRR_Flier
As stated on aa.com, you get miles for flying Air Sahara, with a 25% bonus for business class and a 250-mile minimum.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz Presidents Club
Thank You All !

Thank you all for the quick repsonses, looks like I am ineligible as the booking fare class is O which does not show up as an eligible fare class for mileage benefit.

Thanks and Regards,
GRR_Flier
Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Yes.

[For how much longer earning/redeeming miles on Air Sahara will be possible is another question -- especially given Air Sahara's pending acquisition by Jet Airways. But it will require Air Sahara (or its soon-to-be-parent Jet Airways) to give AA advance notification of voiding of their arrangement, and that won't be effective tomorrow, so you should be fine for the near-term.]
Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:08 am
askworldtraveler

yes...however

I've been waiting since Dec for my miles to post...... nothing yet. I would make sure you save your ticket/boarding pass info....

btw..... not a bad airline - not as good as Jet imo - however excellent service.

Old Jan 22, 2006, 11:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by askworldtraveler
I've been waiting since Dec for my miles to post...... nothing yet. I would make sure you save your ticket/boarding pass info....

btw..... not a bad airline - not as good as Jet imo - however excellent service.
For all flights in India, saving your boarding pass AND ticket is advisable. Especially for flights FROM places other than the top three or four metropolitan airports (in terms of passenger flights), too often the flights are not credited and require follow-up.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP
possible to book air sahara ORD-DEL-ORD?

This is pretty much off-topic. I am working on ORD-DEL-ORD for later this year. S2 codeshares on the AA flights on this route. While the AA and S2 prices are nearly identical (meaning I'll buy the AA ticket) I'm curious if it's even possible to book a straight round-trip using the S2 flight numbers, with no onward S2 connection. ITA suggests it is, but no booking site lets me. Perhaps this is a general question about code shares in the first place... please help a somewhat ignorant traveler! I further assume that were I to ticket the S2 codeshare on AA metal, I would only earn redeemable miles, correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.