FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   AE to vacate DFW Satellite Terminal on Jan 14 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/513540-ae-vacate-dfw-satellite-terminal-jan-14-a.html)

JonNYC Jan 11, 2006 3:36 pm

AE to vacate DFW Satellite Terminal on Jan 14

Please let me know if this was previously posted.

---EAGLE TO VACATE DFW SATELLITE TERMINAL ON JAN. 14---

This weekend American Eagle will no longer operate out of the Satellite Terminal at DFW. The Saabs that currently operate out of the Satellite Terminal will move to gates A13-A17. The jets that currently operate from the Satellite will move to Terminals A and D. "Eagle's customers will no longer have to ride the bus to the terminal and will have excellent access to the new Sky Link train for connections," said Dave Brown, American Eagle Vice President-Southwest Region. The new gate assignments are temporary. The permanent plan calls for American Eagle flights to operate from Terminal B by the middle of 2006.

mwhitted Jan 11, 2006 3:45 pm

Yes!!!!!!

Good riddance! Anybody know who got a big bonus for designing and implementing that POS barn? What a bad, bad joke. It was NEVER big enough to hold all of Eagle. What was the use? :td: :td: :td:

Connected1 Jan 11, 2006 4:18 pm

There was a time when DFW had no open gates. The satellite was meant to be a temporary means to allow for AA/Eagle to expand at DFW. It served its purpose. Now it's obselete.

lurcher Jan 11, 2006 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Connected1
"was meant to be a temporary

Which really is a euphemism for "permanent until we find a cheaper solution"

Glad to see it go. There are more than enough empty gates now that this facility can be used for all my lost baggage :D

Michael

AA2070 Jan 11, 2006 5:21 pm

Hopefully the newstand that had 11 magazines and a candy bar, and the restrauant that was never open will both stay out there.

Spiff Jan 11, 2006 5:31 pm

Yay!! There was no worse gate to be assigned than A2.

DFWFlyer2 Jan 11, 2006 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff
Yay!! There was no worse gate to be assigned than A2.

You can say THAT again! I'm VERY glad to know I won't have to deal with that stupid bus again...

nfc Jan 11, 2006 7:45 pm

Good Riddance! :D

After months of not using the satellite terminal, my last few ERJ flights into DFW have used the satellite. Of course my connecting flights left from C or D, making me perform my version -- albeit a really, really slow one -- of the OJ Hertz commercial.

DFWFlyer2 Jan 11, 2006 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by nfc
Good Riddance! :D

After months of not using the satellite terminal, my last few ERJ flights into DFW have used the satellite. Of course my connecting flights left from C or D, making me perform my version -- albeit a really, really slow one -- of the OJ Hertz commercial.

Well, now that they've got Skylink, it shouldn't be QUITE as bad.....

nfc Jan 12, 2006 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by DFWFlyer2
Well, now that they've got Skylink, it shouldn't be QUITE as bad.....

It's better than before Skylink. My last trips through DFW, it took around 30 minutes to get from the satellite into A. I had tight connections that departed from the far end of C. Without Skylink, I'd have missed the flights. Instead, I was the last person to get on the flights and as soon as I sat down the door was closed. Once is okay, but three times was a bit stressful.

Abidjan Jan 12, 2006 12:52 pm

^ :p

Originally Posted by AA2070
Hopefully the newstand that had 11 magazines and a candy bar, and the restrauant that was never open will both stay out there.

MacGuruTX Jan 12, 2006 10:17 pm

If they could only do LAX now....

I love being out there without any coffee or even concessions open... :rolleyes:

mach92 Jan 13, 2006 6:42 am

GSP DFW yesterday A-2 .........Goodbye!

zman Jan 13, 2006 1:13 pm

[QUOTE=MacGuruTX]If they could only do LAX now....

AND B O S! -Rumor has it they will eliminate some more mainline flights to free up gates (use only 6) to bring AE back to the main terminal in gates 23-29.