Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Can EXP desk waive 'offer cannot be applied retroactively' restriction?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2005, 9:44 am
Original Poster

I just signed up for a mileage bonus for flights in and out of California - I hadn't realized it was available until yesterday. Because I didn't sign up I missed the bonus on four flights already and as the bonus miles per flight increase with each increment, this also means all future flights will earn me less miles.

Has anyone ever convinced the EXP desk to waive the restriction and have the offer backdated?

I am not saying I am entitled to this (I should have checked the offers more often), just wondering if there's any chance of success if I call.

The promotion is AAWCB by the way.

UKMatt
Old Dec 9, 2005, 9:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by ukmatt
I just signed up for a mileage bonus for flights in and out of California - I hadn't realized it was available until yesterday. Because I didn't sign up I missed the bonus on four flights already and as the bonus miles per flight increase with each increment, this also means all future flights will earn me less miles.

Has anyone ever convinced the EXP desk to waive the restriction and have the offer backdated?

I am not saying I am entitled to this (I should have checked the offers more often), just wondering if there's any chance of success if I call.

The promotion is AAWCB by the way.

UKMatt
Probably not......

You could try, but I doubt it will happen.

Good luck!

PS. Actually you should be talking to AAdvantage, either way, I don't think it will happen.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP
limited success w this

-----

Last edited by fm1NYC; Jun 10, 2006 at 1:53 pm
Old Dec 9, 2005, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Can they make that specific bonus offer retroactive? Probably not.

However, all you really want, I'd guess, is the miles the offer would give you. Can they give you miles for any reason at all? Of course, or they can ask CS to do it, and CS will.

I think your chances are slim, but it can't hurt to ask. The worst that can happen is that they'll say "no" (which I think is also the most likely thing that will happen.) You can try again until you (a) get tired, (b) figure the answer isn't going to change, or (c) get the same agent a second time. This is not the sort of request that will lead to a negative note in your file - unless it's a (c) and s/he has absolutely no sense of humor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.