Admiral's Club access, a reprise

Old Oct 29, 05, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HGP
Admiral's Club access, a reprise

A friend of mine who is AA Gold is flying the following the itinerary next week.

GIG-GRU-MIA : Oneworld award in Business
MIA-RDU-LGW : All partner award in Economy

All flights are on AA, and there are two separate record locators. Not an efficient use of miles I know (long story) but he has a 10 hour wait in MIA and a 2.5 hour wait in RDU so Admiral's Club access would be nice in the US.

Using the London-Boston-St. Louis example on this page http://www.aa.com/content/travelInfo...Policies.jhtml
I believe he would have access if it was one award on the same record locator. However the proviso "Connection must be in conjunction with international segment" may scupper his chances given the fact he's on two separate awards.

I moved him to the 12.55am departure out of GRU so that he departs the same day as arriving in the US. As it is though I believe he is strictly entitled to access in GIG and GRU but not MIA and RDU but that a kindly or uninformed agent at the lounge may let him in. Any thoughts or hints to improve his chances?
Old Oct 29, 05, 8:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by oiRRio
A friend of mine who is AA Gold is flying the following the itinerary next week.

GIG-GRU-MIA : Oneworld award in Business
MIA-RDU-LGW : All partner award in Economy

All flights are on AA, and there are two separate record locators. Not an efficient use of miles I know (long story) but he has a 10 hour wait in MIA and a 2.5 hour wait in RDU so Admiral's Club access would be nice in the US.

Using the London-Boston-St. Louis example on this page http://www.aa.com/content/travelInfo...Policies.jhtml
I believe he would have access if it was one award on the same record locator. However the proviso "Connection must be in conjunction with international segment" may scupper his chances given the fact he's on two separate awards.

I moved him to the 12.55am departure out of GRU so that he departs the same day as arriving in the US. As it is though I believe he is strictly entitled to access in GIG and GRU but not MIA and RDU but that a kindly or uninformed agent at the lounge may let him in. Any thoughts or hints to improve his chances?
As you know, Gold on it's own does nothing for AC access, so you are correct. GRU and GIG only, just because your friend is flying in J.
It may be worth it for your friend to buy a day pass in MIA for $50. The pass would also be good in RDU. Hopefully the new AC in MIA will be open by the time your friend is flying.

Last edited by andrzej; Oct 29, 05 at 9:00 am
Old Oct 29, 05, 10:26 am

Programs: AA PLT
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by andrzej
Hopefully the new AC in MIA will be open by the time your friend is flying.
I just got an email from AA. The new AC in MIA is open in Concourse D, and the newer one in Concourse A should be open in early 2006. As a special promotion they are waiving the $50 initiation fee for new AC members when purchased at the new AC in MIA (between 10/28 and 11/11 that is).

Search this Thread