FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   New OW option to Dubai as EI announces 3/weekly service starting March 06 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/487259-new-ow-option-dubai-ei-announces-3-weekly-service-starting-march-06-a.html)

eireman Oct 28, 2005 10:49 am

New OW option to Dubai as EI announces 3/weekly service starting March 06

Potentially good news on an option to avoid LHR

Have not seen any schedule yet, but 3/weekly

Let's see if EI can figure out some decenet connection times to USA flights

Ceasy Oct 28, 2005 11:42 am

Originally Posted by eireman

Have not seen any schedule yet, but 3/weekly

Let's see if EI can figure out some decenet connection times to USA flights

Flying to where in the USA? I didn't think Emirates was part of OW

The _Banking_Scot Oct 28, 2005 11:47 am

EI =Aer Lingus

Hi,

EI= Aer Lingus ( Ireland) OW
EK = Emirates (UAE) Not OW

Regards

TBS

JonNYC Oct 28, 2005 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by eireman

It avoids LHR-- which is a good thing. But it also avoids BA's far better J-class seating (not to mention F) on it's DXB flights.

hotel96 Oct 28, 2005 1:23 pm

It would be great if Emirates was a One World Partner. They are really the cornerstone of the Middle East.

What do you think the likilihood of that is?

77W_12A Oct 28, 2005 1:52 pm

I think the chances of Emirates being in oneworld are slim and none. I think they have stated in the past that they aren't intersted in joining any sort of alliance.

Ceasy Oct 28, 2005 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

EI= Aer Lingus ( Ireland) OW
EK = Emirates (UAE) Not OW

Regards

TBS

Duh. Thanks for clearing that up.

hotel96 Oct 28, 2005 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by gemini573
I think the chances of Emirates being in oneworld are slim and none. I think they have stated in the past that they aren't intersted in joining any sort of alliance.

That's too bad. A round trip ticket in J on Emirates from NY costs about the same as an RTW fair in J.

francophile Oct 28, 2005 2:12 pm

http://www.flyaerlingus.com/cgi-bin/..._OID=536884933

New long-haul non-stop service from Dublin to Dubai

Aer Lingus has today entered a new phase of its development with the announcement of a new non-stop service from Dublin to Dubai. Commencing March 2006, the service will operate three times a week and is expected to carry 70,000 passengers in the first year. This is the first time Aer Lingus has offered a long-haul destination outside of the USA and is the first step in the expansion of its new long-haul network.

Making the announcement, Aer Lingus Chief Executive Dermot Mannion said "This is a very positive step for the airline and demonstrates our commitment to the development of a low fares, long-haul strategy, embracing new routes with significant growth potential. Our twin track strategy encompasses both short-haul and long-haul routes, which provides us with a competitive edge, a unique offering and furthermore, enhanced choice for our customers.

Dubai is recognised as the business centre of the Middle East. In addition it has seen a huge growth in tourism from the Irish market over the last 10 years. Dubai will also provide a unique growth opportunity for Irish tourism from new and existing markets. These factors give us confidence that this route will be a major success."

In addition to being an attractive location in its own right, Dubai is the leading hub in the Middle East for destinations such as Bangkok, Hong Kong and Sydney.

Dubai will be the fifth route in the Aer Lingus long-haul network along with New York, Boston, Chicago and Los Angeles. In all, Aer Lingus has announced sixteen new routes in 2005. The eight-hour non-stop flight of 3682 miles to Dubai International Airport will be serviced by three Airbus A330 aircraft.

Lead in fares will start from €199 one-way including taxes and will be on sale at www.aerlingus.com from 3rd November 2005.

Dublin, 27 October 2005