Got my PLT card! Woot!

 
Old Oct 27, 05, 7:32 pm
  #1  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: QLA
Programs: SBUX Gold
Posts: 14,506
Got my PLT card! Woot!

Sorry if I'm overly excited... but this is the first time ever of being elite... hence, the first time of ever receiving the PLT card in the mail.

Interesting and pleasant surprise too, since I wasn't expecting it for quite a while. But I got it in 15 days. Is that a fast turn around?

Now... if only they would send me my GLD card

Timeline, if you're curious....

Sep 02 - Achieve GLD status (by challenge).
Sep 06 - GLD bonus and status posts.
Oct 12 - Achieve PLT status (by challenge).
Oct 15 - PLT bonus for qualifying leg posts.
Oct 15 (later) - PLT status posts.
Oct 27 - Receive PLT card in mail.

Currently - no GLD card, and no cookies
IceTrojan is offline  
Old Oct 27, 05, 7:43 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NYC, USA
Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, SPG Gold, MR Gold, HH Gold
Posts: 10,439
Congrats! Enjoy!
ESpen36 is offline  
Old Oct 27, 05, 7:48 pm
  #3  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: NYC (but temporarily MIA)
Programs: AA EXP/3MM
Posts: 29,628
Yes, before you get jadedf like the rest of us!
vasantn is offline  
Old Oct 27, 05, 8:24 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat (2.90MM), DL GM and Flying Colonel (1.04MM); Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 22,070
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
...Timeline, if you're curious....

Sep 02 - Achieve GLD status (by challenge).
Sep 06 - GLD bonus and status posts.
Oct 12 - Achieve PLT status (by challenge).
Oct 15 - PLT bonus for qualifying leg posts.
Oct 15 (later) - PLT status posts.
Oct 27 - Receive PLT card in mail...
Timeline, for your future planning:

2005: Achieve PLT by challenge. You're delighted, as noted in the first post.
2006: Achieve PLT by miles/points. You're pleased to have done it the hard way.
2007: Achieve PLT again. Not bad, but you keep hearing about EXP.
2008: Fly about 75,000 miles. PLT, sure, but is that all? This is getting old.
2009: Fly about 92,000 miles "for real" and take year-end mileage run to reach EXP.
2010: Enjoy those eVIPs and make sure you do it again...

And so it goes. Now you're hooked. Enjoy the ride!
Efrem is offline  
Old Oct 27, 05, 8:29 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: PHX/SFO/LAX
Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Posts: 7,784
One doesn't "Woot" when reaching Platinum. That's reserved for us EXP's. Just kidding.

Enjoy the Plat. I remember when I first earned mine via a challenge. My final flight landed 20 minutes before the deadline.
ByrdluvsAWACO is offline  
Old Oct 27, 05, 8:48 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: just perfect, till the snow comes
Programs: AA (what is EXP?), UA 1P, IC free mini bar club, SPG GLD
Posts: 887
Welcome to the club, (short time only, as I move the EXP club, when miles get posted) ... oh btw, there is still time to make EXP
kenfry is offline  
Old Oct 27, 05, 9:25 pm
  #7  
formerly sirgolf82
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 136
Congrats!

Now we'll compete head to head on ex-SNA flights. Enjoy the 100% bonus at the least, although those EXP's out there will still take the cake (ups).

When's your next flight? PM me and hopefully we can meet up and talk about how USC football is the best and deserves #1 in BCS.
sse2k is offline  
Old Oct 27, 05, 9:42 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: WAS - (BWI/DCA/IAD)
Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
Posts: 3,086
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Interesting and pleasant surprise too, since I wasn't expecting it for quite a while. But I got it in 15 days. Is that a fast turn around?
Congrats on making Platinum! I don't think it is a fast turn around, but that's how long it took to get my Gold card.
777-DCA is offline  
Old Oct 28, 05, 12:01 am
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat (2.90MM), DL GM and Flying Colonel (1.04MM); Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 22,070
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
...I remember when I first earned mine via a challenge. My final flight landed 20 minutes before the deadline.
There has to be someone out there whose flight took off 20 minutes before the deadline, since that's what matters, and landed the next morning. (My first year as EXP I qualified on Dec. 30. This year, it looks like the afternoon of Dec. 31.)
Efrem is offline  
Old Oct 28, 05, 12:04 am
  #10  
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: El Paso, TX, USA
Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Posts: 32,534
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Got my PLT card! Woot!
They sell Platinum Cards at www.woot.com



Congratulations
jfe is offline  
Old Oct 28, 05, 12:15 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: LAX
Programs: AA 2.5MM, UA Gold, KE MC, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 98
Originally Posted by Efrem
2005: Achieve PLT by challenge. You're delighted, as noted in the first post.
2006: Achieve PLT by miles/points. You're pleased to have done it the hard way.
2007: Achieve PLT again. Not bad, but you keep hearing about EXP.
2008: Fly about 75,000 miles. PLT, sure, but is that all? This is getting old.
2009: Fly about 92,000 miles "for real" and take year-end mileage run to reach EXP.
2010: Enjoy those eVIPs and make sure you do it again...
That was me... except the 75,000mile stage. I wasn't that patient.
Fennie2578 is offline  
Old Oct 28, 05, 1:22 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: West Seattle
Posts: 593
I also have to congratulate you...but for making 1400 posts since June. Very impressive!
bigbrownboy is offline  
Old Oct 28, 05, 2:42 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cerritos, CA
Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
Posts: 798
Originally Posted by sirgolf82

When's your next flight? PM me and hopefully we can meet up and talk about how USC football is the best and deserves #1 in BCS.
Be careful about those congratulations about USC. We Bruins are coming on fast and will be ready for you December 3.
srk123 is offline  
Old Oct 28, 05, 2:46 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: DFW
Programs: AA PLT
Posts: 183
GO BRUINS



Originally Posted by srk123
Be careful about those congratulations about USC. We Bruins are coming on fast and will be ready for you December 3.
shah1md is offline  
Old Oct 28, 05, 2:47 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London
Programs: AA Plat, BA Blue
Posts: 55
and don't forget Cal, we are the last team to have beaten you, and you're coming back to Berkeley
sonof1K is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread