FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Got my PLT card! Woot! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/487044-got-my-plt-card-woot.html)

IceTrojan Oct 27, 2005 6:32 pm

Got my PLT card! Woot!

Sorry if I'm overly excited... but this is the first time ever of being elite... hence, the first time of ever receiving the PLT card in the mail.

Interesting and pleasant surprise too, since I wasn't expecting it for quite a while. But I got it in 15 days. Is that a fast turn around?

Now... if only they would send me my GLD card :D

Timeline, if you're curious....

Sep 02 - Achieve GLD status (by challenge).
Sep 06 - GLD bonus and status posts.
Oct 12 - Achieve PLT status (by challenge).
Oct 15 - PLT bonus for qualifying leg posts.
Oct 15 (later) - PLT status posts.
Oct 27 - Receive PLT card in mail.

Currently - no GLD card, and no cookies :(

ESpen36 Oct 27, 2005 6:43 pm

Congrats! Enjoy!

vasantn Oct 27, 2005 6:48 pm

Yes, before you get jadedf like the rest of us! :D

Efrem Oct 27, 2005 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
...Timeline, if you're curious....

Sep 02 - Achieve GLD status (by challenge).
Sep 06 - GLD bonus and status posts.
Oct 12 - Achieve PLT status (by challenge).
Oct 15 - PLT bonus for qualifying leg posts.
Oct 15 (later) - PLT status posts.
Oct 27 - Receive PLT card in mail...

Timeline, for your future planning:

2005: Achieve PLT by challenge. You're delighted, as noted in the first post.
2006: Achieve PLT by miles/points. You're pleased to have done it the hard way.
2007: Achieve PLT again. Not bad, but you keep hearing about EXP.
2008: Fly about 75,000 miles. PLT, sure, but is that all? This is getting old.
2009: Fly about 92,000 miles "for real" and take year-end mileage run to reach EXP.
2010: Enjoy those eVIPs and make sure you do it again...

And so it goes. Now you're hooked. Enjoy the ride!

ByrdluvsAWACO Oct 27, 2005 7:29 pm

One doesn't "Woot" when reaching Platinum. That's reserved for us EXP's. :D Just kidding.

Enjoy the Plat. I remember when I first earned mine via a challenge. My final flight landed 20 minutes before the deadline.

kenfry Oct 27, 2005 7:48 pm

Welcome to the club, (short time only, as I move the EXP club, when miles get posted) ... oh btw, there is still time to make EXP :D

sse2k Oct 27, 2005 8:25 pm

Congrats!

Now we'll compete head to head on ex-SNA flights. Enjoy the 100% bonus at the least, although those EXP's out there will still take the cake (ups).

When's your next flight? PM me and hopefully we can meet up and talk about how USC football is the best and deserves #1 in BCS. :D

777-DCA Oct 27, 2005 8:42 pm

Interesting and pleasant surprise too, since I wasn't expecting it for quite a while. But I got it in 15 days. Is that a fast turn around?

Congrats on making Platinum! I don't think it is a fast turn around, but that's how long it took to get my Gold card.

Efrem Oct 27, 2005 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
...I remember when I first earned mine via a challenge. My final flight landed 20 minutes before the deadline.

There has to be someone out there whose flight took off 20 minutes before the deadline, since that's what matters, and landed the next morning. (My first year as EXP I qualified on Dec. 30. This year, it looks like the afternoon of Dec. 31.)

jfe Oct 27, 2005 11:04 pm

Got my PLT card! Woot!

They sell Platinum Cards at www.woot.com :eek:

:p

Congratulations :)^

Fennie2578 Oct 27, 2005 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by Efrem
2005: Achieve PLT by challenge. You're delighted, as noted in the first post.
2006: Achieve PLT by miles/points. You're pleased to have done it the hard way.
2007: Achieve PLT again. Not bad, but you keep hearing about EXP.
2008: Fly about 75,000 miles. PLT, sure, but is that all? This is getting old.
2009: Fly about 92,000 miles "for real" and take year-end mileage run to reach EXP.
2010: Enjoy those eVIPs and make sure you do it again...

That was me... except the 75,000mile stage. I wasn't that patient.

bigbrownboy Oct 28, 2005 12:22 am

I also have to congratulate you...but for making 1400 posts since June. Very impressive! :)

srk123 Oct 28, 2005 1:42 am

Originally Posted by sirgolf82

When's your next flight? PM me and hopefully we can meet up and talk about how USC football is the best and deserves #1 in BCS. :D

Be careful about those congratulations about USC. We Bruins are coming on fast and will be ready for you December 3.

shah1md Oct 28, 2005 1:46 am

GO BRUINS

Originally Posted by srk123
Be careful about those congratulations about USC. We Bruins are coming on fast and will be ready for you December 3.

sonof1K Oct 28, 2005 1:47 am

and don't forget Cal, we are the last team to have beaten you, and you're coming back to Berkeley